Dinosaursssssss

Wizard Jam - Idle Thumbs Game Jam Interest Gauge / Chit Chat corner

Episode titles sounds like a fun one to me, as long as they didn't end up being uncreatively specific.

But I mean... Esophagus Sarcophagus, come on!

Episode titles sounds like a fun one to me, as long as they didn't end up being uncreatively specific.

But I mean... Esophagus Sarcophagus, come on!

This is no way to get up to 1402 posts, SBM.

Exactly, I mean, if you're going to double post, at least double post on a thread in Video Gaming.  

Episode titles as prompts is a nice idea. Many of them are non-specific enough to be interpreted in several different ways.

Wow I totally missed this thread. I'm game for this. And April has no Bloodborne, so I should be free. 

I'm a programmer. If anyone's needing a programmer, I'll happily help. My Unity experience is sorely lacking, but it's in C#, which is my jam. (plus it's what I code in at work).

I also think episode titles are a great idea. My favourite:

Don't Look at Me, I'm Hideo

The Death of Nick Breckon

(I Know You're Having Fun But) I'm Still Working

Idle Thumbs podcast episode titles as the theme?!

You read my mind ;)

In fact, right before I went to bed I had my friend (and fellow reader) Panzorfork whip up a quick script to display a random episode title + description + a link to the episode, in case people have trouble picking one. I'll put that, plus a flat list of the titles, up on a page soon.

I was wondering how to keep this Thumbs relevant but leave a lot of room for people to make what they want...there are A LOT of episode titles, and folks can rearrange of pick bits and pieces from titles if they like. I think this'll be a lot of fun.

I'm thinkin' Robot News.

ALSO I updated the op, if I missed someone, PM me and I'll add your info.

Hahaha I have a funny idea for Dishonored Halloween

I agree with letting everyone pick their own episode.

Your Buddy, Space Marine" or "The Capper"

A reskinned Tapper but ultra jacked Space Marine Todd is wasting liberals who are trying to shred the constitutions he's guarding. 

I am super down for this. Can help with Unity/C# stuff. Also it'd be neat to team up with artist folks if there's anyone who wants to do that.

Something something dishonored wizards?

My worry is that between now and April, Chris or Jake reads this and then goes about coming up with the most ridiculous episode names between now and April 10th.

If you're saying that titles like "Bogost in the Shell" and "Ode on a Grecian Hat Sale" aren't already the most ridiculous episode names, then I look forward to the Thumbs ushering in a new era of apocalyptic ridiculousness.

In light of this, I anticipate at least one game about farting skeletons.

"This Dame walked in, blonde as usual, pouring her heart out with her woes. Said she'd had it with her skeletal mother in law and her noxious emissions. So it looks like I've got a new case, I've gotta figure out why DO skeletons fart that way?"

Awesome!

http://funghost.com/thumbs/randomepisode.html

This page will display random episode titles and descriptions along with a link to the mp3, in case folks are having trouble picking a title. Loading can be a little slow up front 'cause true to it's name the implementation is kinda hacky. 

Thanks Panzorfork for the script.

This is great! So many good titles to work with that I hadn't considered. Thanks Panzorfork!

This provided me with H.D. Coolspot, which is a pretty straightforward suggestion if you read it simply as "Make an HD remake of Coolspot"

My worry is that between now and April, Chris or Jake reads this and then goes about coming up with the most ridiculous episode names between now and April 10th.

Are you posting from 2008, or as I like to call it, The First Age of Extreme?

I am kinda into this idea. I have general knowledge about programming but no specific knowledge of any of these current engines, which is actually enticing me more - is it possible to go from rusty beginner to some semblance of competence with a modern game engine in two weeks?

I would definitely want to work in a group since I'm at the less up to speed end of the scale - I have some experience with programming, scripting, writing, that kind of thing but would need help with engine specifics for sure and have absolutely no artistic/musical talent.