Merus

Guild Wars 2

Should we start up a Thumbs guild for this, given that I'm seeing at least a little interest?

Yes. If I had dedicated Thumbs to play with I'd probably log in much more often.

Yeah, I've sort of bounced off GW2 several times. If there was an active group I could join I'd be much more likely to give it an honest shot.

I am the owner of a shiny new guild wars 2 key...now just to figure out how to recover my account without my OG Guild Wars key

Any suggestions for the guild name/tag? Idle Thumbs is pretty obvious, but I'm very open to a witty alternative, and the guild tags give us an opportunity to have some fun. [REMO], perhaps?

I have no witty suggestions,this games seems quite polished. Not typically a big mmo guy so it should be interesting to see how far I get with this.

Oh man, count me in. I've been playing tons of this lately and a Thumbs guild would be great.

I have a saladman Ranger at 80, right now I'm working on world completion and would love to roll with you dudes.

Alright, I made a guild called Idle Thumbs [WZRD] on the North America server! (EU will have to sort themselves out. According to the wiki, I should be able to invite EU players to the guild as well, although you won't be able to play with NA players.) I set it up so that you've basically got no access when you're invited and access to everything but the build queue and editing ranks when someone sees that you've posted in the thread and we think we can trust you. If you post your full account name (with the 4-digit number, as in Merus.9475) I'll start inviting people and we can start earning influence and start building shit and unlock guild missions.

I moved to an NA server a while back so I should be able to get in on this action. I am Gwardinen.8693 - are individual servers in a region not a thing anymore?

As far as I know, they don't really matter anymore except for WvW. The megaserver changes kind of tied everything together.

Sounds great so far Merus! My account name is Athdil.4387.

Alright, you should all have guild invites (hit 'G'). Gwardinen, you're not showing up, let me know if it didn't go through and send me a mail in-game.

My account name is apparently FuryBoy.7640

However, I don't know if I'm on an NA server, or even how to migrate across to one. I'll have a look once I've installed the game again.

Oh man, I'm active daily, for about an hour or so. I'm still loving basically everything GW2.

I've been in a guild of hardcore randoms that I enjoy, but I'd be down to hang or join a secondary guild! I've invited JonCole and his wife to it, though we haven't hung too much.

I've been doing a lot of sPvP lately to get clovers for another legendary, but by some accounts key farming silverwates is a faster source of Obis to forge is the best method now, because it also gets you T6 for Mastery. 

I'm Ratbones.6058

I'm at the "world select" dialog box. Maybe a stupid question but can I pick any American world and be included in the guild?

Edit: liking this game so far

kuJBIad.jpg?1

if you're super new to this, i'll give you this heads up:

one thing i really like about the way the game is structured is the end game is largely about style that a WoW gear treadmill. in terms of gear/achievement there is Exotic (orange), Ascended (Pink), and Legendary (Purple) at the top end, and those stats haven't changed since launch. There are a few very expensive ways to make your character more powerful, but it's generally pretty fixed. 

also, they built so many key events for endgame to be in lower level zones so every area is somewhat regularly traffic'd by capped characters. the same can be said for crafting/farmed items. the highest end material requires a fair amount of lower tier material, so there is always value in collecting everything. 

also, they built so many key events for endgame to be in lower level zones so every area is somewhat regularly traffic'd by capped characters. the same can be said for crafting/farmed items. the highest end material requires a fair amount of lower tier material, so there is always value in collecting everything. 

This is one of things that keeps me playing. It doesn't matter what character I'm on - pretty much every zone has quite a few players running around participating in one thing or another. All of the zones still feel alive.

Yeah, they manage that because your 'world' is mostly just a suggestion of which copy of a map you should be put in. If you're on Blackgate, for instance, each map will have a copy of it that it tries to put Blackgate players, but also, say, Dragonbrand and Sea of Sorrows players, until it thinks that there'll be enough going on in the map. It's super-clever; World of Warcraft does something similar but more limited, whereas Guild Wars 2 lets you jump from copy to copy as needed (which causes its own problems, admittedly).

So what are the not brand new players working on lately? 

Have you guys done the Bioluminescent set? I haven't done any of the achievement replay stuff, though I've been meaning to.

I've been slowly gather materials for Fortune/Mastery part of a new legendary, waiting to see what the expansion offers. Aside from that I've been slowly building a Glorious armor set for my Guard alt, by trying to do the daily PvP stuff. Only 2 pieces left to go! 

I'm half-way through the Bioluminescent set; I've got three Carapace pieces left to buy and I need achievements for two of them.

I'm also slowly gathering stuff for a legendary; still need T6, a whole bunch of Honor of the Waves runs and a lot of lodestones. I've got pretty much everything else I need. (Engineers kind of get a bum deal with legendaries; Quip isn't particularly appealing, Flameseeker Prophecies is very much guardian-themed and Predator is a cool sniper rifle that looks dumb in our hands because we shoot rifles from the hip. So I'm crafting Frenzy! Although apparently engineers are getting hammers, which means we'll get Juggernaut and Juggernaut is cool, if ridiculously expensive.

It looks like you've done way more PvP than I have, I'm mostly trying to unlock the region tracks.

My main is an engi and I have a predator! I love it though, the glow, the tracks, and the idle flame bursts are nice. There are the obvious downsides that the damage doesn't affect bundles, and i spend a lot of time with a bundle up. 

Frenzy though, damn! I don't know. The T6, and clover part can be BRUTAL to put into an underwater weapon. i did most of my T6 with laurels, but as i mentioned earlier, I hear it's easier to get obis in silverwaste and just overforge clovers. 

I'm yet to dive into the T6 grind. I've just finished up getting to 400 Huntsman on my main (Ranger) and have been working towards world completion and various unlocks / achievements. Sounds like I'm not quite as advanced as you all yet :) My GF and I recently wrapped up 100%'ing Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore; we were collecting Foxfire Clusters and I was attempting to get the Read the Wind trait.

Looks like we're a bit scattered over the globe. When do you all usually play? If I'm able to, I'm usually on after 7PM or so Pacific time on weekdays.