That's one of those bits that was sorta funny, then really funny, then got dumb and boring, and then finally got the funniest. A master course in how doing a funny bit too long can come back around and be hilarious.

The Nintendownload X-Press was so good.  I must have listened to that episode with Special Guest Rick "The Ricker" Peterson like 6-7 times.

My favorite part is The Ricker talking about donating cocaine to charity:

This week had skate 4 comments and Superman villains, both brilliant bits from Jeff. It was a good week.

The Nintendownload X-Press was so good.  I must have listened to that episode with Special Guest Rick "The Ricker" Peterson like 6-7 times.

My favorite part is The Ricker talking about donating cocaine to charity:

It's sad that The Ricker has passed away. RIP good buddy.

It's getting boring already because every week I say the same thing, but Project BEAST is the best thing on the internet right now. 

I've had problems getting the Farcry Playdate to download for some reason, but I can't wait to watch it.

It's getting boring already because every week I say the same thing, but Project BEAST is the best thing on the internet right now. 

I gotta agree, between Kerbal and the American Trucker playdate we are getting some awesome Vinny action recently, and Austin is such a good presense on the Kerbal show. I'm not as big a fan of watching the more narrative game videos, so I hope they keep this sort of thing up.

woof. really found ep 10 of Project BEAST a slog. some good nonsense happens at the beginning and end, but the middle felt really slow.

Yeah, I tend to skip a lot in the orbital adjustment sections.

The teaser for episode 12, on the other hand! What the fuck Vinny?

Yeah, I tend to skip a lot in the orbital adjustment sections.

The teaser for episode 12, on the other hand! What the fuck Vinny?

Man that teaser was bananas. 

woof. really found ep 10 of Project BEAST a slog. some good nonsense happens at the beginning and end, but the middle felt really slow.

Yeah I found myself skipping around when they started getting way into tweaking their orbit to line up juuuuust so. Probably best to put it on in the background and do something else and rewind any time I hear Austin yell "Vinny!". It was funny watching them be so, so careful when transferring the Kerbal though. They had him hugging the ship as if he's just gonna randomly fly off into space otherwise (maybe with these guys that's possible).

The discussion about Steam returns on the latest episode really weirded me out. It seemed incredibly childish to suggest that someone playing a game to completion and then returning it is in any way OK. The entitlement of the "Well, of course I should be able to play this but only I can make the choice whether or not I'm going to pay for it" is just gross, and hearing it semi-condoned by the Bombcast bummed me out.

I just kept waiting for someone to say "If you think it's too expensive for the length, don't fucking buy it in the first place" and no one ever did.

The funniest thing about Project BEAST is their complete inability to understand meters and kilometers.

Or relative speed, or conservation of momentum.

The fact that they have to literally touch the ship whose crew they are about to rescue before they dare to EVA is at the same time both hilarious and infuriating.

Or relative speed, or conservation of momentum.

The fact that they have to literally touch the ship whose crew they are about to rescue before they dare to EVA is at the same time both hilarious and infuriating.

I can forgive that they don't understand what all the widgets mean on the nav-ball, it was only recently that I finally understood that for myself. But someone needs to remind them that when they killed the poor Kerbal on the moon with the jet pack, they made it 10 KM across the Mun's surface fighting the Mun's gravity and still had plenty of mono left.

That being said, I knew exactly what I was getting into for this episode and I enjoyed it quite a bit. What happened at the end has never happened to me once, even though I rarely plan my re-entry to hit anywhere specific. I learned something today.

It sounds like your experience with BEAST and Kerbal mirrors my frustration with watching Metal Gear Scanlon. At first I found it hilarious, but now I just find it tedious.

I'll disagree slightly, in that Project BEAST causes actual knowledge to be learned, and that anything with Vinny in it has potential to create spontaneous insanity at any moment.

I enjoy the Bombcast and Beastcast, and though I rarely have the time to watch many of the Giant Bomb quicklooks, I just wanted to say I thought the Stardew Valley one was great fun. Dan's relentless enthusiasm was quite charming, and it's that rare case of a video which changed my opinion of the game from 'oh, it's one of those?' to 'no I think I really need to play this now'.

Especially good was the part at the end where

it finally started raining.

I'm glad nobody was around to see me laughing.

I'm crossing all available extremities for a Wii U, Vita, or 3DS version at some point. Even if it came out on New 3DS only, I'd be extremely tempted to upgrade just for that.

Times like that I don't like Dan either. I enjoy his enthusiasm for games, and he's made a lot of great strides not just dismissing anything he hasn't tried, but the "pranks" that he pulls still make him a total shit heel.

Yeah I don't like Dan. At all. But I can deal with it when he's just endlessly going on about Metal Gear or Wrestling. He's welcome to like things I don't, that's just how it goes and that's fine. But there's a difference between that and him bragging about how he's seemingly coasted through life solely on the power of white privilege, and that crap is infuriating. And I know that that's not the whole story of his life but it sure is the way he tells it.