Apparently Firewatch is getting a "What it is" instead of a "Quick Look". This has gone too far.

They've done "What it is" videos before. Usually they're pre-release interviews with the person who's reviewing the game before they're able to post an actual QL. I'd expect a QL at some point as well, I just think this was too good for them to resist.

EDIT FOR PROOF:

"What It Is: Street Fighter X Tekken"

"What It Is: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning"

What It Is videos are typically them talking over pre-recorded video.  So, like, they got to see and record a gameplay demo but weren't recording real-time audio for a QL:EX, or they were at an event and captured video of them playing but couldn't do a QL on the spot.  They were called "Ask Me Anything" before they were "What It Is", and I think those things might be handled under Unfinished now because that's how they did some Halo 5 coverage that would usually go into the "What It Is" format.

I half expect it's actually a QL and using the old name is just to play into the joke.

I had no idea about the "What it is" videos. My guess is also that's it's just a QL with a funny name this time.

(also, the "Best of Giant Bomb" series is now finally official! I hope the guy who makes those will now be paid for his efforts.)

Yeah, my suspicion is that it is a Quick Look where Jeff finally learns what Firewatch is.

Ratamero, in Vinny's article he made a joke about approving timesheets so I'm hopeful he is getting paid.

I imagine Austin's work getting the individual contributors running for articles opened the door to get Best of Giant Bomb in there too.

I thought playing a game with the developers was usually posted under the "Quick Look EX" label.

Anyway, I stopped watching shortly into the gameplay because I didn't wanna spoil myself, but Chris and Jake looked pretty fucking dapper.

I might have to come back and watch that after I've played the game.

In other news Austin mentioned a piece he'd like to write about the philosophical points The Witness is making and I want to read it real bad but sounds like he might not have time to do it :( 

Holy shit, the ending of the latest Kerbal: Project B.E.A.S.T.

I'm so excited!

This week's Project BEAST was just too much. I can't take these levels of stress!

That was a journey. Jesus Christ. The last 15 minutes of that mission were the most nail-biting thing I've watched in a while.

Also, I love the direction they're taking the series to. Project BEAST is the best thing they've come up with since forever.

I can't wait for the next episode. When's the next episode?!

God Project BEAST is so good. I kinda wish they had done a time warp while on Mun so we could've seen the crazy terrain they landed on in daylight. Though maybe it's better we only ever saw it with the most dramatic of ship lighting instead.

Someone in the comments took the time to check what the site looks like in daylight. Apparently, the Kerbal stands very close to the position of the B.E.A.S.T. ship. So yeah, they got extremely lucky.

http://www.giantbomb.com/images/1300-2824078

Still so psyched about the next episode! I love the rogue space program and the cleanup crew narrative.

hahahahah, holy crap. I love that there was so much going on in this episode that I had completely forgotten how close to the edge of that cliff they landed.

Ahhh that screenshot is perfect, thanks. When they started directing the Kerbal away from the ship to plant the flag, I was so nervous he would drop off another unseen cliff. The head lamp was picking up nothing! My stomach was in knots.

Holy shit, the ending of the latest Kerbal: Project B.E.A.S.T.

I'm so excited!

I caught the mention of "Scott" in one of the quiet bits of an earlier episode, so I had a feeling he'd be involved, but I thought it would just be him recording from home or something. It's so awesome that he's in the GB office!

Question is whether the next episode will be just Scanlon and Manley? Not sure how I feel about that.

I don't know who that person is, so I'm not entirely sure why I should be excited. I was excited because of Drew and Simulators.

He's an actual astronomer/physicist who does the most popular YouTube videos for Kerbal space program. He's fairly unique in that he describes why things work that way, physics-wise, instead of just being a list of instructions like a lot of YouTube videos and FAQs. https://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg

He also has a dreamy Scottish accent.

That is tremendously exciting. I just assumed he was an old timer from the Gamespot days.

What I'm wondering is how long that whole expedition took, with having to do multiple loops around Kerban while waiting for their orbit to decay. I was looking in the UI for a Real Time Elapsed stat but found nothing. It must have been years right? With how wide their orbit started out they had to spend a good minute at 400x time warp for the first couple loops.