I was on board with MGS4 until the end of the corridor scene. Also, there's something I was actually discussing with a friend over lunch:

Snake's role at the end is to insert a virus created by Naomi into GW (that was under Liquid Ocelot's control), so that the whole Patriots AI would be destroyed. Why exactly is it that Naomi could not do that directly, since she was basically on board with Ocelot all the time?

I was on board with MGS4 until the end of the corridor scene. Also, there's something I was actually discussing with a friend over lunch:

Snake's role at the end is to insert a virus created by Naomi into GW (that was under Liquid Ocelot's control), so that the whole Patriots AI would be destroyed. Why exactly is it that Naomi could not do that directly, since she was basically on board with Ocelot all the time?

nanomachines

I've really enjoyed watching Metal Gear Scanlon, but does anyone else think MGS4 was kind of crap?

All of the Metal Gear series is both kind of great and kind of crap. It's great that it's somehow managed to even exist, but it's riddled with all sorts of issues.

I was bitterly disappointed that for all of the personal stakes MGS4 established, it barely followed through on any of them. I would have thought that if any series would have had the courage to kill off its heroes, it would be Metal Gear Solid, but other than Naomi it backed down from every other life-on-the-line scenario (sure, some villains died, but that's hardly daring). The microwave corridor is one of the series' strongest moments, in part because it looks like everyone is putting everything on the line in order to save the world, but in the end nobody dies – even Snake, who, already in a state of increasing physical decline, struggled through this supposedly lethal ordeal. I know we knew he had to survive in order to shoot himself (except he didn't), but it seemed wrong that he did. It seemed, to me at least, like it would have been much more effective if there had been a much greater cost. Let a bunch of the characters die heroic deaths. I'd trade the stupid wedding scene for that, any day. To wrap it all up like it did seemed pat.

Also, amount of character resurrections the series does really hurts the impact of supposed deaths, particularly given that most of the time it doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than pandering.

I'm probably too harsh. I've enjoyed what MGS I've played, and following the whole saga on Giant Bomb, and I do appreciate how it's managed to be simultaneously so huge and so strange, but I find a lot of it incredibly frustrating. Like, I don't want it to be another generic shooter, but it'd be entirely possible to maintain its distinct character while raining in some of the shittier elements. If nothing else, it could definitely do without all the puerile toilet humour and ogling. That stuff is such garbage.

I just got trough the mission briefing for act 5 and...

The virus was not complete. It took Sunny to complete it with pieces of Emma's code

Regarding Naomi

I don't understand why she committed suicide, how Hal fell in love with her after like two days, and why I was supposed to give a crap about either of those things. She betrayed Snake like three difference times. I wanted the option to shoot her in the head an act before she killed herself.

Hopefully, I'll finish the GB streams today.

Neither is Naomi apparently, she was hooking up with Vamp except oh no not really that's another betrayal what the fuck was Naomi doing in this game

Apparently Austin is going to be teaching CK2 to Alex and Vinny.

This might be the thing that gets me to sign up for premium.

^^^^ OH MY GOODNESS.

As a non-Metal Gearsperson, you definitely don't need to spoiler any of that stuff because it's like a decade old and also I don't know what the hell any of it means anyway.

Wow, that's exciting. Anything to have more creative and interesting people releasing video content on Crusader Kings!

Oooh, where did they announce that?

Scheduled as playdate on Friday. I am slowly making my way through The Tragedy of Ragnar on YouTube which is my only reference for Crusader Kings so I'm curious to see another campaign of it. Fedlimid?

That's awesome. I've really enjoyed Quick Looks with the three of them together, and if this could help me to actually learn CK2, all the better.

Dan's takedown of Jared Leto on the Bombcast this week had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to wreck my bike. "Silverfish are the Jared Leto of insects" is gonna stick with me.

Finally finished the final episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 4 and having never played any minute of Metal Gear I feel like I avoided all of the frustration of the actual playing and got most of the enjoyment.  That Metal Gear battle though...

Now that I've finally seen what happens in MGS4 and have a vague understanding of the Peace Walker stuff (which I didn't watch all the way through), I'm actually really excited by all the MGS5 trailers. I think I get it now!

For all my continuing frustration with and disapproval of a bunch of stuff in MGS, the Ground Zeroes video somehow got me excited enough to pre-order Phantom Pain. I'd played Ground Zeroes before, and it does play a whole lot better. It does have all that horrible gross stuff in it, though...

Beastcast has totally eclipsed Bombcast Prime. Gets better every week.

Beastcast has totally eclipsed Bombcast Prime. Gets better every week.

True facts.

East content in general has been beating the living crap out of West content. The Beast has finally arrived.