The Campo Santos/Just Cause 3 discussion was easily one of the best longform absurdist humor skits I've ever seen. 

I can't get in on the Bombcast stchik. I just listened to 25 mins of the 0th episode of the Beastcast and it was pretty much the same. Really, really not for me.

Lol.

Is this a laugh at my comment, or at application for advanced degrees?

He's a good writer and speaker, so I understand why he's pursuing education in that way.

I can't get in on the Bombcast stchik. I just listened to 25 mins of the 0th episode of the Beastcast and it was pretty much the same. Really, really not for me.

I felt the same for along time until I realized Vinny is God.

I felt the same for along time until I realized Vinny is God.

See, i won't probably ever listen to any GB stuff again, also i don't believe in no gods.

Is this a laugh at my comment, or at application for advanced degrees?

He's a good writer and speaker, so I understand why he's pursuing education in that way.

I'm just having the lulz - i have a phd and i ain't no articulate! On the other hand, there are lots of plenty of wonderfully expressive people on this forum alone who were probably that when they left high school.

I'm just having the lulz - i have a phd and i ain't no articulate! On the other hand, there are lots of plenty of wonderfully expressive people on this forum alone who were probably that when they left high school.

I assumed it was a "his writing is clear, concise, and engaging... and you attribute that to academia???" lol! I am prejudiced, I guess.

Hah I suppose what I meant to say is BECAUSE he's articulate and engaging, I understand why he's pursuing his PhD in this way.

Because I didn't get that across well, it's a good thing I'm not pursuing it.

See, i won't probably ever listen to any GB stuff again, also i don't believe in no gods.

Listen to the interview with Sean, Jake and Steve, that's really good.  If they aren't interviewing someone I like, I can't listen though.  I tried to listen to some this week, and just can't. 

I've had to stop listening to the regular bombcast.  Jeff is really smart and insightful about industry stuff, but he's infuriating to listen to talk about specific games. 

But I am really enjoying the Beastcast.

Sean and Jake missed out on a real prime opportunity when talking about how Firewatch is about shouting at teens. They could have called it a first-person shouter.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

There is only one God and He is Vinny.

Lorne Lanning on the couch at Giant Bomb Live day 3 reminding me why he is one of my favourite industry people.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Sorry James for having an opinion on GB on the GB thread. I'll just slide back to sniping at forum users for daring to have on-topic opinions in an internet thread. Thanks for the guidance and stellar example.

xxx

p.s. i didn't go see Mogwai in the end.

Working my way through Day 2 of their E3 stuff. Jeff is a great host and I've enjoyed all of their talk so far but the segments with the guests almost feel too professional compared to prior years.  I know you still get the staff during the impressions portion but part of me wishes they would have just recorded everything being discussed in the green room during intermissions because those interactions seem like they'd be really interesting.  For example, I really want to know what Sean was saying after his segment and what Austin, Sean, and Jake were all talking about.  And Steve Gaynor with the whiskey?  Good times.

Also, figure out a way to inject more Vinny whenever possible.

Working my way through Day 2 of their E3 stuff. Jeff is a great host and I've enjoyed all of their talk so far but the segments with the guests almost feel too professional compared to prior years.  I know you still get the staff during the impressions portion but part of me wishes they would have just recorded everything being discussed in the green room during intermissions because those interactions seem like they'd be really interesting.  For example, I really want to know what Sean was saying after his segment and what Austin, Sean, and Jake were all talking about.  And Steve Gaynor with the whiskey?  Good times.

Also, figure out a way to inject more Vinny whenever possible.

Agreed. It feels like a roundtable this year, whereas in years past it felt like a bunch of dudes, exhausted, collapsing onto a couch and chatting about whatever their sleep-deprived minds could handle.

I thought last year's was unlistenable half the time. Just drunk people talking over eachother in a loud room.

Sean and Jake missed out on a real prime opportunity when talking about how Firewatch is about shouting at teens. They could have called it a first-person shouter.

I could swear that joke was made at some point.

Someone called it a Naked Teen Shouter "NTS".

I wonder how that segment was for Jeff. He seemed like he wanted to have an actual conversation, and it just kept going to wackytown. Sean seemed really punch-drunk, like his batteries for Describing Video Games just weren't firing. It was hilarious, and I'm glad to see what video for an Idle Thumbs Podcast would be.

I agree that it seems much more formal this year. It's very listenable, but I do miss some of that raw intensity and insanity. When I saw it was just a couch and the host chair it's what I assumed we were in for, but even so it's a bit of a shock.

For anyone seeking the drunken, messy GiantBomb at this E3,

I think the mix of guests has been really good this time around. You get Lorne Lanning and Robin Hunicke at one end, and drunken Dave Lang and John Vignocchi at the other. Nothing wrong with the press, but more developer guests is great in my view. Normally with developer interviews at E3 its very official and bullet point-ey.

I agree that it seems much more formal this year. It's very listenable, but I do miss some of that raw intensity and insanity. When I saw it was just a couch and the host chair it's what I assumed we were in for, but even so it's a bit of a shock.

Yeah, I miss the weird locations and zany tone. It's way too organized and rigid now. In previous years, it felt like they were getting away with something. It's still a good listen, but only the "What is Firewatch?" segment has felt like the older shows.

Sorry James for having an opinion on GB on the GB thread. I'll just slide back to sniping at forum users for daring to have on-topic opinions in an internet thread. Thanks for the guidance and stellar example.

xxx

p.s. i didn't go see Mogwai in the end.

I mean, sure, but would you post in the anime thread "I don't watch anime, it's just not for me"? Maybe you would, or maybe you've even already done that; I wouldn't know, because I don't have enough interest in anime in general spend time in that thread. It just seems a bit weird to jump into a discussion about a thing to tell everyone about how you don't like the thing they like. Which isn't to say that I'm above that, because I am also an Internet idiot, but I'm not sure what anyone is supposed to do with that information. It's not like you even had a specific criticism beyond giving a verbal thumbs down.

But whatever, I must just be bitter because of what an enormous fanboy I am. Sorry!

I am less surprised that someone feels that way about the Bombcast, and more surprised that someone has always felt that way about the Bombcast. It was basically my introduction to podcasts, and it's an amazing one. I learned about Idle Thumbs through Giant Bomb as crazy as that sounds. It's gone through a lot of changes in the... oh god 5 years I've been listening. It's a silly thought, because of course people feel differently than I do about thing. It's like it was my first Mario Kart. It's my urPodcast.