Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is famous for its first boss fight

, and then
a little later.

Damnit, fuck that game. It is one of only two PG games that have nothing remotely interesting going on with them (the other is the mediocre Legend of Korra).

They said fairly recently that the new hire isn't happening in the foreseeable future, which is unfortunate.

Brad playing more than an hour of a browser game against people with names like "Ni**erPony" when we could have had God Hand has to have made last night's UPF the worst one in a very long time.

While I agree with some of the naming stuff out there in these new wave of time-wasters, I was mysteriously glued to the screen throughout the segment. As soon as they switched to God Hand I wandered off.

She's planning to yes, but she's still going to be a part of Polygon (and Idle Thumbs).

IT has always had the mandate that all cast members be present though, so I'd assume that would mean her appearances would be limited to when she travels to the west coast? 

If so, that's going to be a huge bummer. 

Brad playing more than an hour of a browser game against people with names like "Ni**erPony" when we could have had God Hand has to have made last night's UPF the worst one in a very long time.

God, that was awful.

Hearing the talk about King's Field on the bombcast was pretty frustrating, all opinions on the internet about this series seem to boil to either: "it's a piece of shit", coming from people who tried the game and understandbly couldn't get into it, since it's clunky as fuck, or people saying it's "basically Dark Souls", which isn't really indicative of the game at all, the combat is much simpler and the focus is instead on non-linear exploration to an extent that far surpasses the Souls games and really most other games I've played.

What I'm trying to say is more people should play King's Field.

I think King's Field would be a hard sell for most current gamers unless they have a particular fondness for the frustrations that can go along with retro gaming.  From what I remember of King's Field 2, you'd like get keys with no clue what they go to (and they might go to a door back at the beginning of the game).  There were hidden doors with no way to spot them.  Backtracking required manually running back and forth across the entire world. 

I stuck with it because it was so different from anything else I had at the time, but I don't think I even want to ever replay it. 

How does Dan Ryckert not know anything about EVE Online???

Dan Ryckert willingly closes his mind to all of the world that is not in his primary focus unless someone suggests that it might be of interest to him.

Just... just the logistics of working in games and around games for the last decade and not even accidentally finding out about EVE. I'm almost impressed! 

How does Dan Ryckert not know anything about EVE Online???

I'm very into games, and I wouldn't have given Eve a second thought if I hadn't known people who worked at the company when I was back home.

EVE is huge and completely impenetrable, I can't fault anyone for putting it on permanent mental back-burner status.

(Also I'll be honest: Dan's obliviousness on a lot of stuff gives the podcast a great entry point to talk about things in a more comprehensive way, which isn't something they do a lot anymore. Even if it does occasionally get frustrating.)

It's worth noting that they got a package with a t-shirt from their own EVE corporation later that same day and didn't even realize they had one.

The diversity train is leaving the station and I couldn't be more stoked. Austin is a fantastic voice and I'm really hoping that he'll help bring GB back to a place of relevance for me.

If you don't know Austin, he's pretty active on Twitter. He maintains maintained a personal blog where he put his writing among other things. He's been on Apple Cider's podcast a couple times too!

I don't know the guy, but I've just gone through his Top 10 games of 2014 on GB and... it's pretty good? I'm excited.

I think the way they announced this was brilliant.

"Hey here is this new person who is guesting on this podcast, listen how funny he is!"

"Oh btw he is the new hire."

I was immediately impressed by the way he comported himself talking about his PhD, even though I have no idea who he is.

It is my great shame to admit that I had trouble telling him and Jeff No Takebackula apart, probably the first time I have experienced that on a podcast.

!!!!!

I haven't ever really been drawn into giant bomb, but I really and truly love Austin's internet presence and am so excited about this. His writing on Gone Home & Animal Crossing are things I think about all the time.

I was immediately impressed by the way he comported himself talking about his PhD, even though I have no idea who he is.

It is my great shame to admit that I had trouble telling him and Jeff No Takebackula apart, probably the first time I have experienced that on a podcast.

It's a little rough, Jeff seems a little more "New York" though

I didn't realize there was a fourth person on the podcast until my second time through. They never talk over each other, which is the weird part.

I guess I should pay attention to Giantbomb now. Really glad Austin Walker's going to have a bigger platform. His stuff at Paste and on his blog has been great.