Danny flipping out about Dan's thing with the fig newtons and the  eye surgery on this week's Bombcast was great, but I'm a little surprised that shit phases him anymore. This is a man who has jumped out of a plane multiple times but refuses to try mayonnaise. You should know this by now.

I love Danny as the foil for the ad reads. It's the best.

Unlike mayo, which as established, is the opposite of the best.

I love Danny as the foil for the ad reads. It's the best.

Unlike mayo, which as established, is the opposite of the best.

Yeah it's so far in the opposite direction it wraps around to bestest.

Danny flipping out about Dan's thing with the fig newtons and the  eye surgery on this week's Bombcast was great, but I'm a little surprised that shit phases him anymore. This is a man who has jumped out of a plane multiple times but refuses to try mayonnaise. You should know this by now.

I also loved Danny calling out Dan on what you just mentioned last page, about how he takes any opportunity to avoid having to admit he's wrong.

Dan does introduce this great dynamic where you can have someone like Danny or John Drake come in and play Frank Grimes to Dan's Homer.

Also, I gave up on the regular Bombcast feed after the ads got pretty stale for a while, and now wonder if I should get back on that and away from the ad-free version.

Reveagance tho...

rules of nature

This means nothing to me, or was it aimed at someone else?

This means nothing to me, or was it aimed at someone else?

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is famous for its first boss fight

, and then
a little later.

The comment section on that Black Mesa video is...interesting.  Did not expect that joke to go over the head of so many GB members and was also surprised at how Dan and Drew stayed committed to it the whole video.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is famous for its first boss fight

, and then
a little later.

Damnit, now I want to play MGR:R again. 

The comment section on that Black Mesa video is...interesting.  Did not expect that joke to go over the head of so many GB members and was also surprised at how Dan and Drew stayed committed to it the whole video.

I watched the video based on this comment, and their straight-faced commitment to the bit was wonderful.

I almost lost it when Drew said that multiplayer looked like a CS ripoff. So much commitment. 

I almost lost it when Drew said that multiplayer looked like a CS ripoff. So much commitment. 

Pretty sure that one was Dan's; Drew made a joke revolving around Blue Shift, however (something to do with wanting to play the game from Barney's perspective).

I was thrown at first because it's so straight-faced and they never waver, even for a moment.

Me too. It's so good!! I should play the DLC episodes sometime.

I have genuinely kept the game on my hard drive for at least six months now solely to remind myself that I want to play the DLC. I just never actually get around to it.

The Beastcast is really good. I miss Vinny.

I wonder if it's episode 0 because next week, they'll have the new hire.

They said fairly recently that the new hire isn't happening in the foreseeable future, which is unfortunate.

Brad playing more than an hour of a browser game against people with names like "Ni**erPony" when we could have had God Hand has to have made last night's UPF the worst one in a very long time.

I was super hoping for Cara Ellison joing the east coast crew, she was visiting NY so frequently a few months ago, it seemed like a lock until she posted that she was leaving journalism for game dev a few weeks ago. 

I wonder if it's episode 0 because next week, they'll have the new hire.

I can't imagine the nightmare of having someone on a personality driven video games site starting their job two (three?) weeks before E3.

I can't imagine the nightmare of having someone on a personality driven video games site starting their job two (three?) weeks before E3.

1UP did that with Luke Smith!!

I was super hoping for Cara Ellison joing the east coast crew, she was visiting NY so frequently a few months ago, it seemed like a lock until she posted that she was leaving journalism for game dev a few weeks ago. 

That would have been great for GB, but I'm way more excited that she's going to be writing for games.  She's an excellent writer and games need more excellent writers.

That would have been great for GB, but I'm way more excited that she's going to be writing for games.  She's an excellent writer and games need more excellent writers.

She's not writing for games anymore.

edit: oh i misread nevmermnreinnevermind

Cara also said that a big part of the reason why she's getting into making games is so she can talk about games with more authority. I don't think she's necessarily planning on getting back to journalism/games writing any time soon, but the possibility of coming back to it is in her mind once she has a more complete perspective.

Dammit, not her too

I haven't listened to it yet, but I have to say the Giant Beastcast artwork is killer.