I'm a big fan of the bomb. I hope Alex, Vinny, and a third person start a GBEastcast

IIRC they said that they wanted to avoid bringing any more attention to GG by mentioning it on the podcast. That's been a common excuse, but in GB's case I think it has some validity -- they've occasionally mentioned that the Giant Bombcast has a lot more mainstream reach than any of their other content (including the site itself). A large chunk of the Bombcast audience likely doesn't follow gaming closely enough to be exposed to things like GG.

I'm not saying that excuses their (relative) silence, but I think that dilemma is more of a concern for GB than for most other outlets.

So today is a big day, huh? Just seeing Vinny's beautiful face makes me smile already.

I wish I could watch it live. I had originally intended to ask for the day off, but these last few months at work have been a disaster.

I've been looking at it some while here at work, but I just had to turn it off and poke back in to see when Dan's Nacho Cheese-based Nightmare Fuel Taste Test was over. Watching them eat Oreos with nacho cheese during the last Mario Party was bad enough, but it doesn't hold a candle to some of that disgusting shit.

I have enjoyed things that I have seen on this show. I think I've missed something really important w/r/t cheese.

There was an earlier Dan segment he called "Better with Nacho Cheese?"  I'll spoiler the list in case people actually want to watch that monstrosity and not be spoiled by what's coming, but the segment was Dan, Jeff, Dave Lang, and Maya Kramer doing taste tests to see if the following items were improved by adding nacho cheese (there may be more, I didn't catch the first part, and only know what I have because I'd dip back in like "Is that over?  No, it's not, and that's fucking disgusting."):

Jello

Sour Patch Kids

Kix cereal (complete with milk)

White Russian

That last Bombcast was refreshing.  I don't think the Jeff/Brad/Dan/Drew lineup is bad but its nice to mix it up every once in a while and man I'm 100% with you on missing Vinny on Bombcasts.

Man I really miss having Vinny on the Bombcast...

I was thinking this. He's such a good podcast guest and host. Alex has also come such a long way from where he admits he was with comfort in front of microphones. I'm so excited to have GBeast get started on their podcast.

I wish Brad didn't telegraph every email and bit of news. Don't tell me you're excited or reluctant to talk about something, talk about it!

I wish Brad didn't telegraph every email and bit of news. Don't tell me you're excited or reluctant to talk about something, talk about it!

Or the "this podcast is getting long" bits.  

Vinny is fantastic because he's almost relentlessly positive.  The bombcast often suffers when there's no one there to balance out Jeff's shitty-pity-party. 

Dan Ryckert is not the Vinny we deserve, but he's the Vinny we need right now.

Imagine a podcast with Drew Scanlon, Danny O'Dwyer, Vinny and Dan Ryckert.

People with personalities and outside interests and positivity...

Imagine a Giant Bomb podcast with a woman.

That'd be pretty great.

Imagine a Giant Bomb podcast with a woman.

That'd be pretty great.

WHOA WHOA WHOA let's not get CRAZY here

Listening to the podcast with Vinny on I think the problem isn't the lack of positivity it is to do with Conversational Narcissism:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/05/01/the-art-of-conversation-how-to-avoid-conversational-narcissism/

Vinny puts back into the pot what he takes out and ends up invigorating the conversation. Most of the others do not, Brad tries but he seems to lack conviction. Jeff is a CN, Dan tends to kill a few conversations when he is out of his depth instead of asking questions and letting it grow.

I still like Dan but having read some of this stuff it makes some sense as to his problems - maybe Danswers is better for it.

Leaning toward strongly disliking Dan this evening -

DKe6qbq.png

I'm not Casey Malone, and I'm not about to try and change anyone's mind about anything on twitter. But if I were, I would say that highly socialized systems are way better at encouraging people to follow their dreams, because with a sophisticated system of social safety nets (say that five times fast) you can actually afford to fail, which is not a luxury afforded to everyone or indeed almost anyone in America. America encourages people to dream if and only if you already have the money to turn your dreams into a product while also vouchsafing your health and well-being. It turns out: That's a lot of money. It's way easier to be an indie dev in Canada or, say, Sweden than it is to be one in America.

Dan Ryckert has led a blessed life and has, apparently, known no hardship at the hands of a monolithically unsympathetic system. I can't fault him for that. But I don't really know why he felt the need to go to bat for our economic system against someone who was clearly upset about it - surely capitalism needs no defense, if it's all that it's cracked up to be. I just have a really hard time with how unthoughtful Dan apparently is.