It's definitely collusion that Dan's boss and non-anxiety sufferer, Justin McElroy, wrote a review of the book!

Hasn't Justin spoken about having some pretty severe anxiety problems himself?

Okay, just checked myself, and yeah, he has.  Even started finally going to therapy for it last year. 

Sorry, that was snarky of me. No as far as I know Dan and Justin have never worked for the same company. I did know that Justin has talked about his anxiety before (maybe on the recent Thumbs he guested?). I would not be surprised if he got an advanced edition to check or do some editing on the final copy for Dan. I couldn't tell the level of sarcasm, but I don't see how him reading and reviewing the book is in any way collusion unless you are literally GamerGate.

Sorry, that was snarky of me. No as far as I know Dan and Justin have never worked for the same company. I did know that Justin has talked about his anxiety before (maybe on the recent Thumbs he guested?). I would not be surprised if he got an advanced edition to check or do some editing on the final copy for Dan. I couldn't tell the level of sarcasm, but I don't see how him reading and reviewing the book is in any way collusion unless you are literally GamerGate.

I really couldn't tell if you were trying to be funny, or if you didn't know he had dealt with it at all, so just figured I would point it out. 

For the record, should I ever write a book, the first thing I will do is badger my friends to write good reviews for me on Amazon.  I am part of the problem in ethics in book criticism. 

I should've assumed the sarcastic collusion angle on that one.  I would like to hear how people suffering from anxiety receive the book though.  Dan's got a large audience and certainly seems to take the subject extremely serious but hopefully it helps people.

I imagine that there are different levels of Anxiety, as there are different levels of Autism. From what I've heard Dan talk about on various podcasts, he seems to have a fairly minor case, and I'm sure some of his solutions are useless to people experiencing more severe cases. Personally, I have had 3 panic attacks in my life, and generally deal with my anxiety, where my mom was having them weekly for a long time before she got into therapy and medication, so I got off lucky. I think this book will be about my speed, I doubt it would help my mom much.

Sorry, I figured it'd be pretty self-evident that the "collusion" thing was a joke, considering that word is basically meaningless now.  :P

I need to catch up on MGS. It's my go-to right now if I need a pick me up or a distraction. Drew trying to wrap his head around the plot and all the dumb/batshit moments is just the best.

The latest episode had the two moments I looked forward to the most. The End boss fight, and the ladder scene. And both panned out perfectly. 

I have mixed feelings about Dan, like most people in this thread, but the quality of the content he's been able to drum up should not be ignored. 

Also, does anyone else feel that the Unprofessional Fridays lately have been kinda... dull?

haha wooooooooow that's definitely close to lupin in real life

if only he had black hair

young Brad is the best Brad. Young Brad shamelessly reading from a script with the most monotonic voice ever is even better.

I want to believe that all their ideas for different stuff are being used for the Big Live Live Show Live, hence the going-through-the-motions UPFs we've been getting.

New Danswers with Samantha Kalman! So far, really excellent. The Dans are asking the questions I felt like I got shamed here for asking about transgender and queer insights a few weeks ago. It's really helpful.

Dan even has a realistic perspective on getting a job!

I was just glad to see the tone become more serious after the last Danswers that felt more like an awkward comedy hour masquerading as advice.

Yeah, if I were a little bit older or lived in a large part of the US, not caring about politics could mean the difference between getting married or not.

Unless you're a woman or a person of color. Or certain kinds of poor.

That's why I endeavor to not be what he says. Retweet is not an endorsement.

I think the next Danswers with Dan, Danny and Thumb's very own Danielle is up shortly, perhaps today?

On a recent Bombcast Jeff said "I once ate three [Taco Bell] steak stacks" and Dan said "That's cool" in a way that made me think he really thought that was cool. There was a tinge of genuine respect in it.

I like Dan.

New Danswers with Samantha Kalman! So far, really excellent. The Dans are asking the questions I felt like I got shamed here for asking about transgender and queer insights a few weeks ago. It's really helpful.

Dan even has a realistic perspective on getting a job!

I met Patrick Klepek and Samantha Kalman after the My Brother, My Brother and Me (and meeting those guys) show last night and was so pumped to meet Samantha, she is great. Love her in everything she guests in, I feel bad for not having played Sentris yet.