Oh man, people explaining North Korea to Dan was amazing. He found it hard to believe that they don't have McDonalds there.

Yay! Alt+F1 is back!

So glad it is. That podcast gave me the push to actually get into F1, and it was gonna be a bummer to not have it this year.

I could swear the GB panel was on the website, but now I can't find it. I'd rather not watch through Twitch's interface.

Edit: It was definitely there, Google has an address for it, but it's mysteriously gone.

Dan Ryckert's top 5 pizza toppings:

1) Sausage

2) Cheese

3) Bacon

4) Macaroni and Cheese

5) Pepperoni

I could swear the GB panel was on the website, but now I can't find it. I'd rather not watch through Twitch's interface.

Edit: It was definitely there, Google has an address for it, but it's mysteriously gone.

I think it was taken down because the CAH video at the beginning wasn't being shown. My guess is that Drew/Jason will edit it into the panel and post it again.

I had my email read on this week's Bombcast, which is pretty cool. Seriously, what's the deal with grown people riding razor scooters in San Francisco?

I really liked Win Dave Lang's money, but man that money booth needs a replacement fan or something.

I had my email read on this week's Bombcast, which is pretty cool. Seriously, what's the deal with grown people riding razor scooters in San Francisco?

I wondered if that was you! Good email, nice job. After this week I wanted to write to them about what an old video game player looks like, because my dad plays more games than all of us.

Brad in that homeworld quicklook bummed me out, and I am totally not that guy who usually gets annoyed with that stuff hah, 

Also had to turn off the latest Danswers, the tone just felt different to the first couple and I wasn't feeling it.

Alt-F1 is finally back though which makes everything ok again. I think Drew/Danny might just be the best GB duo (Danny is basically a full member of team GB now).

HEY PAS-TOR

How great was it that Maldonado crashed two curves into the first race and still hasn't finished an Australian GP EVER? It's like he wants to be talked about by Danny and Drew. 

I just realized that, aside from flight simulators and realistic shooters, Drew is always the outsider trying to learn about something in GB content. Which is slightly weird considering he's probably the most "classically" educated member of the crew.

I've had mild anxiety / depression for most of my life, and I'd be interested to see if I can relate to anything in this. 

I'd be interested to know what are your criticisms are (but maybe a thread in the Books section would be a better forum). 

HEY PAS-TOR

How great was it that Maldonado crashed two curves into the first race and still hasn't finished an Australian GP EVER? It's like he wants to be talked about by Danny and Drew. 

I just realized that, aside from flight simulators and realistic shooters, Drew is always the outsider trying to learn about something in GB content. Which is slightly weird considering he's probably the most "classically" educated member of the crew.

PAS-TOR MALDONADO. That was both wonderful and terrible. It wasn't even his fault. The Lotus cars look so good right now!

They read my email on the Bombcast this week. It will be easy to tell which one because I put my GB user handle (Badfinger) in the email and they teased about it. I thought that was a common thing, but I guess I had the syntax wrong. Still cool to have it read about my cool dad. Also please imagine me always as a man with a jean jacket, but a leather vest.

One of my favourite things in any Quick Look is when everyone starts yelling "WHOAAAA" in unison, and the point in the FFXV demo QL where the framerate dips into the single-digits totally had that.

I've had mild anxiety / depression for most of my life, and I'd be interested to see if I can relate to anything in this. 

I'd be interested to know what are your criticisms are (but maybe a thread in the Books section would be a better forum). 

Maybe it's just the book synopsis but I would love to erase my anxiety, that and other mental issues stole years off my life and productivity, my artistic skill. My anxiety made me a suicidal recluse who was unable to function on a daily level. I didn't make my anxiety "work for me", I struggled and worked very hard with therapy to learn coping mechanisms and eventually learn how to undo the very harmful things anxious brains do to you (like catastrophizing). 

To say someone like Dan got his job from harnessing his anxiety is also just patently hilarious since I doubt that was the real cause. 

LOL, Justin McElroy and someone named Drew in the book reviews. HMMMMM COLLUSION MUCH???

I know not everyone is a GB premium subscriber, but if like me you haven't read the book yet I think folks are selling Dan way, way short on this, at least on intent. He and Danny have talked extremely candidly about their anxiety and depression respectively on Danswers. Whether the book is good or not he certainly seems to be coming from a genuine place. I recall in particular him talking about experiencing anxiety for the first time, and also how he dealt with his dad being extremely dismissive of it and other mental illness. It's definitely collusion that Dan's boss and non-anxiety sufferer, Justin McElroy, wrote a review of the book!

Does Dan have some history of hand waving about how great life will turn out if you just believe in yourself?

Dan has a general philosophy that hard work = good results, ignoring most arguments about race or gender despite the fact that he's in the most privileged combination of those two categories.

That said, I don't have enough information to feel one way or the other about this book. I don't know who writes the copy on the Amazon page describing the book and even if it was Dan, I don't know how representative it is of what he actually wrote because I know I'd have a hard time putting up a blurb about anything I did.

I think Dan is well within his rights to talk about his experience with anxiety and how he overcame it, unless he explicitly says that his solution is the best solution for everyone (which I doubt he does). The way that he's talked about it with Danny does make me optimistic about the book - he undoubtedly takes the topic seriously and did have genuine challenges with it growing up.

It's definitely collusion that Dan's boss and non-anxiety sufferer, Justin McElroy, wrote a review of the book!

Wait, when was Justin ever Dan's boss?  Am I missing something or was Justin at GameInformer at some point?