I figured we needed a catch-all GB thread because we generally have a lot of GB discussion, but cluttering up other threads.

I just wanted to start off by saying two things:

1) Last night's GB Unplugged was tremendous.

Brad pickpocketing Dan and Dan trying to slap him was the best. Between that and one of them dying immediately in the campaign, we're off to a great start.

2) Metal Gear Scanlon 3! So good! I can't wait for the ladder sequence. Not for honour, but for Drewwwww.

3) So does Danny O'Dwyer work there now or what? I mean, I know he still works for Gamespot, but he's just there seemingly all the time, even as a seemingly permanent fixture of the site thanks to Danswers and the DnD campaign.

Is this meant to be a replacement for the "An email I sent to Giantbomb[sic]" thread then? I thought we were keeping the GB talk fairly confined to there, but I apologize if I've been cluttering up other threads with it. I'm a huge fan of theirs, and it's their podcast that eventually lead me to here, so I think about them a lot.

On topic, Danny is pretty much my favorite GB cast member now, but part of that is his occasional appearances. If he were there all the time it wouldn't be quite as special.

2015 started well. Vinny and Alex are putting out content and that makes me the happiest person in the world, Metal Gear Scanlon is back, Danswers and the new Unplugged are pretty good. I'm eager to see who will be the new NY employee and what they will come up with there (second weekly podcast please!).

I had strongly conflicting simultaneous feelings about the latest Unplugged. On the one hand I squirmed my way through all the awkwardness; on the other, it was hilarious and pretty thrilling. At this rate it's going to take them forever to get anywhere, but I don't suppose that matters.

Is this meant to be a replacement for the "An email I sent to Giantbomb[sic]" thread then? I thought we were keeping the GB talk fairly confined to there, but I apologize if I've been cluttering up other threads with it. I'm a huge fan of theirs, and it's their podcast that eventually lead me to here, so I think about them a lot.

There's a ton of bombtalk in the "ethics in relocation" and podcast threads. I thought it might be good to pull it all into one place, without the thread necessarily being about Dan specifically like in the letter thread was meant to be.

Also:

okUPFYi.png

I had strongly conflicting simultaneous feelings about the latest Unplugged. On the one hand I squirmed my way through all the awkwardness; on the other, it was hilarious and pretty thrilling. At this rate it's going to take them forever to get anywhere, but I don't suppose that matters.

Mind posting an outline of events in a spoiler tag?

I have not watched it yet, but my experience starting a role playing group with new people is pretty squirm inducing already, so I can only imagine what filming it would be like. I ended up giving up because it would never be quite like what it was like with my high school friends, bur Rorie is willing to soldier on and that's awesome.

In response to the new thread title: I like Dan a lot, and now listen to the bombast weekly since his introduction.

I think I like Dan now, I just thought I'd make a joke in the thread title about how every GB discussion we have inevitably turns into one about Dan.

I only just now realised due to the [sic] that I have been spelling Giant Bomb incorrectly for years. I think it is because I only know it as a url or as an email address I have never bothered to parse it out as two words.

I think that the last couple of podcasts have felt like duds to be honest. I still enjoy them but I think the recent talk about Ryan has reminded me of what I am missing.

Man that last DnD episode made me a little down on the series, it just reminds me how annoyingly shitty people can be to play with.

I realized that it's basically going to be Mario Party with dragons and decided "okay, I'm fine with this."

I realized that it's basically going to be Mario Party with dragons and decided "okay, I'm fine with this."

I know, which is totally cool but I am just having flashbacks to the first game I DM'd which broke me of wanting to play DnD for ages hah. 

Watching Rorie on GB Unplugged and listening to the MBMBaM Bros has made me want to get my own Skype Campaign back on track. Mostly because it keep nitpicking their mistakes :P

Join us in the Multiplayer Thread if you're interested!!! :D

Does Brad say "address" like the verb and not the noun when he says "e-mail address"? Maybe I'm going crazy.

I started to get back into Metal Gear Scanlon since I stopped after the first game, got a few episodes into 2 and had to stop so I could play it for myself. I originally went from 1 straight to 3 and kind of hated it, but 2 is a blast. Really holds up once you get around some of the controls.

Also Demo Derby is still the best feature. They should get Danny on there.

Does Brad say "address" like the verb and not the noun when he says "e-mail address"? Maybe I'm going crazy.

Well, i say them both the same, but that really has no bearing on your sanity.

Samantha Kalman on the latest UPF!   :D

Edit: That first game was fucking amazing.

Brad and Dan's quick looks are weird, I watched their recent Resident Evil QL and it was pretty much stuff like dick jokes and bad reference gags the whole time. For some reason, I used to watch GB stuff all the time on YouTube and now I find myself skipping almost everything unless I just need background noise. Maybe I should just check out the Premium stuff as everyone says it's pretty good.

I don't think Brad and Dan is generally a good quicklook combo. I have liked the last few Vinny/Alex ones though (Hand of Fate and Grow Home I think?). The last few Demo Derbies have also been great. They've pulled Jeff in and his encyclopedic knowledge of the industry history adds a lot plus it's fun to listen to him suffer through the really terrible and seemingly endless material on those discs.

Agree that Brad and Dan aren't a great combination.  I'm sure it isn't his fault solely but I do find myself blaming a lot of awkwardness and lack of enjoyment on Brad in quick looks or other features.  The pick pocket thing wound up being funny in an awkward, stand offish sort of way but ultimately it was the kind of crap I hated in the brief time I played Pathfinder with friends.

Those Alex and Vinny quick looks are fun but its disappointing that Vinny still isn't on some sort of podcast still.  He really improves almost anything he is a part of and I feel like we're missing out on comedy gold by not getting more content from him.

I believe the plan is to start up an East Coast podcast of some sort once they get their third member hired. Maybe a news focused one?

Brad's bants are easily the weakest on GB. He also doesn't have any real interesting non-games topics he can draw on or really any great knowledge of many games, and the ones he does know well he feels the need to constantly denigrate and apologize for liking (peer pressure from Jeff being a contributing factor). 

I've also began to notice that he seems to have trouble articulating why he likes games, which, for a reviews editor (is that still his official title?) is kind of a gap in the ol' CV. 

He needs a sabbatical or a vision quest or something to revitalize his contributions. 

I like watching his Dota 2 content, but it feels like since he's become obsessed with it that his other content has lessened in quality.

However, that Tetris Battle Gaiden stream was brilliant.