sclpls

Frozen Cortex

Anyone else playing this?

I never got along with the prior game, Frozen Synapse, as it was just too hard for me to play well. This game feels way less fiddly without sacrificing any tactical depth, so I'm really stoked on it!

The writing for the single player campaign is top notch.

If anyone is interested in playing multiplayer let me know and lets try to make this happen.

One of my steam friends gifted me this. I loved Frozen Synapse but haven't had much time to try this out yet.

In game name is Douchetoevsky. Start a game with me!

There are a couple of different single player things. One is to basically just keep playing until a team knocks you out. There is another mode that is basically a skirmish mode, and then there is a mode that plays out a season.

I think this game is great. It's like Frozen Synapse but better: it has all of the tension, and none of the fiddlyness, as you say, sclpls.

My name is DiaperDawg, and I'm now following Douchetoevsky and sclpls (I'm assuming that's the same sclpls).

edit: and I created games against both of you. I love the PBEM style of multiplayer. I apologize up front for the long periods of dormancy; I fit turns in during work, mostly.

I adore Frozen Synapse but buying a whole new game for lots of $$$ is something I try to avoid whenever possible. I do like the idea of being able to make an all-pink robot football team though.

I think this game is great. It's like Frozen Synapse but better: it has all of the tension, and none of the fiddlyness, as you say, sclpls.

My name is DiaperDawg, and I'm not following Douchetoevsky and sclpls (I'm assuming that's the same sclpls).

edit: and I created games against both of you. I love the PBEM style of multiplayer. I apologize up front for the long periods of dormancy; I fit turns in during work, mostly.

Ahh yeah, that's me. Sorry I haven't been on lately, I got food poisoning recently.

The youtube upload thing is still buggy, but I like the full match replays. Fun game, BusbyBerkely! We both let some total horseshit slip past us, so I think we're a good match!

I'm going to challenge you again.

edit: It's a little weird that our forum names are so similar (Busby and Bubsy) and our Cortex names both involve crotch sanitation products.

I really wish the replay feature would give you an option to watch the whole thing from the top down. I like being able to see all the player movements and that kind of thing.

Yes, that would be good as well. I enjoy the action camera, but I feel like a top down version should be an available option. Hopefully this is something that will be added as they continue to work on the game...

I picked this up in a sale recently and with it I'm gonna hope that people are still playing/want to play. Name is Wooben in game/on steam if anyone is willing.

Just had a couple of fun games with Wooben. Seeing a new thumb who wants to play is just what I needed to get back into this cool game.

I'm noticing a lot of little improvements since I last played, too.

Same here. Although I think my score against Riad is something like Riad 27 - 7 Sorb so if Riad thinks he's rubbish I must be the pits.

Same here. Although I think my score against Riad is something like Riad 27 - 7 Sorb so if Riad thinks he's rubbish I must be the pits.

That's in Synapse. We're talking Cortex here, a whole different ball game [smug pun very much intended]

That's in Synapse. We're talking Cortex here, a whole different ball game [smug pun very much intended]

Yes alright Mr Smug McSmugsson, wrong game. If and when XCOM 2 lets it's viper like grip loose on me I might get around to playing this. 

man there's always a couple people round my level online when I'm on but none of them actually want to play/respond to my challenges at all. Finding a real promising looking multiplayer game but showing up too late to the community is such a downer :'(

man there's always a couple people round my level online when I'm on but none of them actually want to play/respond to my challenges at all. Finding a real promising looking multiplayer game but showing up too late to the community is such a downer :'(

Well, Sorbicol has a copy... I'm sure we could find more people if we looked hard. RPS can be a good place to find people: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?10-Game-Clubs-And-General-Sociability-Ok