Farbror

The Future of adventure games?

I said "certainly interested" because I'm curious as to what specifically they had in mind. That said I don't know much about mobile phones outside the few that my friends have - none of which I could picture playing an adventure game on. I never know what "next gen" means either.

Would I be interested in episodic adventure games? Yes. In adventure gaming on a portable system? Yes. Episodic adveture games on a cell phone? Ehh, I'd need some convincing.

I said no, because I simply wouldn't be interested in it. If I want to play an adventure game I want to do it properly.

That said, I would like more portable adventures for GBs and the like, to keep me entertained on long car journeys. You could say that doing it on a phone is just the same as that, but I'm not yet convinced that it is.

I said no as well. Gaming on a mobile phone holds no attraction to me. Episodic gaming... I'd rather have the whole bundle in one go, so I can play whenever I want to. I'm not saying I wouldn't like it though. I'm just neutral towards it.

My mobile phone is 2 or 3 years old now and I plan to not change it for as long as I can, so at the moment I'm not really interested.

Please do NOT post threads titled "The Future of adventure games?" on Idle Thumbs. It gave me a zillion heart attacks.

If I had a phone capable of downloading and playing high quality games, then paying a small fee each time for the next chapter in an large ongoing adventure sounds like a great idea. On the other hand, I currently don't use my phone for anything except the occasional call and a text or 2 a day, and I don't really see myself changing that pattern regardless of what phone I have, what's out there, or how good an idea it is. I guess the survey's really intended for those who actually do pay real money for mobile games (does anybody know any of them?) Perhaps quite a different demographic.

And lastly, for my utterly needless boast (or guilty admission, depending on your view of the game):

You know guys, I just happen to be listed in the in-game credits of BS3 as a QA co-ordinator. :woohoo: In fact, I may even have just emailed Charles Cecil about this wonderful thread... or did I? :shifty:

It'd be nice if they also released them for Pcoket PC, I would be interested then because the touch screen is well suited...and ScummVM proves its viability.

Interesting. So did this guy on AIM!!

Yeah, I talk to that guy sometimes too.

Okay folks, I got a dilemna here. I don't own a fucking current-generation phone - the nickname of mine is "The Refrigator"- and hell, I'm not interested in buying one, I'm not even interested in playing games on this kind of "console".

Nothing to torn my twisted and wicked personnality apart in there but here is the twist : I'm really interested in the project because it's ambitious and narratively speaking, this could represent something really interesting (imagine a game in which character are as deep research as, let's say, any main character of the serie The Shield?) ... so "Certainly Interested" eve if not a future consumer ?

Yes. Like Tony of Revolution said over at AG, this is not BS4 or something, it's a separate project that is only a speculation right now. I suggest voting purely on interest.

I have a few mobile adventure games on my mobile phone, and they ain't half bad! They where retro and short, but all mobile games are retro and short... :mock:

As for episodic gaming, as long as the episode ends in something more than "see you in the next episode" and it actually ends, then I'll at least give it a try...

I remember that a LONG time ago, a gaming magazine in my country came with an episodic adventure each month, it was so-so... :blink: