Sign in to follow this  
ewokskick

Dota Today 16: Blitz

Woof, those stories about running into assholes at TI are hilariously awful and the exact reason I don't think I'll ever cough up the money for tickets/airfare/lodging to attend.

I ought to watch his stream more regularly, watching Purge really helped me get a lot of basic knowledge down.

One thing I couldn't help but wonder in regards to Blitz's notebook is how does he handle balance patches? Throw out all the old notes, or does he have pages of outdated information?

That's a good question about balance patches.  That really changes some match-ups. 

I've watched Blitz stream a couple times.  He's pretty excellent.   Good personality, he talks, and he is obviously a top notch player.

Dota Today has been consistently excellent in the new format. Sean talking about watching streams at work made me nostalgic for my time in games :)

Does anyone have links to the Storm Spirit play by play video that was mentioned?

This was a really great episode. I don't have much to say. It was just really great!

He has done a couple of guides for Storm Spirit. Here is a recent one: 

And yeah, great job Sean with this episode. Blitz is also one of my favorite people to watch stream. There's either hilarious shit happening with assholes, or he is dropping serious knowledge, or at a minimum he is playing good music. His stream is never a bad time.

spectacular episode, Will is very well spoken, smart, and friendly to fans - a great example of the best of the Dota community.  I hope his German endeavors work out and can further help the scene grow positively

Also, the new format is great.  Talking about Dota on the higher level and as a developing large-scale community is very interesting; i love examining patch notes and butterfly on an agility hard carry too - but this has been great last few eps.

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the insight on just how deep Blitz has gone on matchups was very revealing. In the last few weeks I've seen some websites and sketchy ads for ~IMPROVING YOUR GAME DRAMATICALLY~, and in that light it's especially funny.

Is there any reliable data on Dota MMR distribution? Something in the conversation made me want to poke into it, and there was nothing out there really.

Couldn't help but post about this as well. Last night Blitz posted a video where he breaks down playing Storm Spirit VS Lina. Lina is typically considered a good counter to Storm. In this video Blitz talks through the matchup in a way that is a great example of what he describes in the episode of how he breaks down and analyzes everything that happens. Enjoy.

Holy crap. This is why I love dota. 4 minutes of one matchup can support 20 minutes of interesting analysis.