Sign in to follow this  
Nelsormensch

Terminal7 24: Encountering Cosmic ICE

Terminal7 24: 

652__cover.jpg

Encountering Cosmic ICE

Order & Chaos has finally been released! Netrunner's newest deluxe expansion focusing exclusively on the Weyland consortium and the Anarchs is here, providing myriad new options for both factions. Not to break with tradition, Quinns from Shut Up & Sit Down joins Terminal7 to discuss these new developments.

In this first of a two-part O&C extravaganza, the new acquisitions of the Weyland consortium are discussed. Replete with credits and infamous for their sometimes harsh measures, O&C sees Weyland aim for the stars with extraterrestrial facilities, ICE and initiatives, perhaps this is a more charitable, progressive Weyland. Then again, they're "liberating" people from tyrants they didn't even know they had, so perhaps not.

Games Discussed: Android: Netrunner

So has anything been announced about what type of attention NBN is going to get? Anyone think that they might add a new runner faction to pair with it in a large expansion? I suppose it's way more likely they'll add some cards to all three runner factions with an NBN big box.

So has anything been announced about what type of attention NBN is going to get? Anyone think that they might add a new runner faction to pair with it in a large expansion? I suppose it's way more likely they'll add some cards to all three runner factions with an NBN big box.

Either that or just wrap around and do Shaper all over again. It'll be interesting for sure!

Yeah, either it's back to Shaper or equal numbers for each of the Runner factions. I'm leaning toward the second option, although I wouldn't be surprised by the first. But no way will there be a new Runner faction. The Runner factions are designed around two triangles: HQ-R&D-Archives and Killer-Decoder-Fracter. Adding on to those would be weird. I mean, maybe they could add Remote Servers and AI breakers as a focus, but I really doubt it

Back to Order and Chaos, I already tweeted this at Nels, but if people haven't noticed the flavour text on the cosmic Ice you should check it out. The four cards combine to make a poem:

His belt of stone did shake and shatter

As through the door of light he came

He bent his bow of stellar matter

And seeking prey he then took aim.

Great episode! Maybe you guys play a lot more, or maybe you're just smarter than me, but you always notice connections between the cards and potential plays that never occur to me. It's really interesting to hear your take on the new IDs - I was convinced out of the gate that Argus Security would be super strong, but now I'm convinced it's mediocre. I just can't trust myself!