Sign in to follow this  
matthew

Other Podcasts like Designer Notes and Tone Control

Not sure how cool it is to have recommendation threads here, but I've been craving more casual, in-depth discussions with game makers about their works. I've seen Infinite Ammo and Brainy Gamer bandied about when I search similar recommendation threads, but those ones seems dead. Is there anything else like these shows? Preferably still living as well.

Double Fine has a Youtube series called Devs Play that's phenomenal.

JP LeBreton recently interviewed John Romero, and it is one of the greatest things I've ever seen:

Devs Play is fantastic, I really enjoyed the Earthbound episodes with Ben Burbank.

Roguelike Radio is one I don't see recommended very often: http://www.roguelikeradio.com/ 

They tend to jump back and forth between discussing an individual game (often with the game's author as a guest) or doing a deep dive into an individual mechanic. Obviously it's very roguelike-focused, but a lot of the design discussions could apply to other genres as well.

Also, I'd highly recommend listening to the back catalogs for both Infinite Ammo and Brainy Gamer, even though they're dead they're well worth a listen.