Jake

Idle Thumbs 194: A Grave Ghost

Anything that can be enumerated is lost when you go back in time.  This is more or less addressed by the bank and the fact that the trading post is right across from it.

I love Sleeping Tapes, but that website is actually kind of a terrible advertisement for Squarespace on account of it being very pretty but functionally terrible. My experience with it has been nothing but doubled-up audio and play/pause buttons that either don't do anything or start a track over from the beginning.

I love Sleeping Tapes, but that website is actually kind of a terrible advertisement for Squarespace on account of it being very pretty but functionally terrible. My experience with it has been nothing but doubled-up audio and play/pause buttons that either don't do anything or start a track over from the beginning.

Oh really?  Weird, it's been fine for me, on both desktop and iOS.  It's very pretty.

Yep, works great for me too. Fun concept and pretty cool merchant/music services. Makes me wish Squarespace had some kind of Itch.io integration

Just wanted to chime in and say that MM is for sure my favorite N64 game (Singleplayer, that is) and so far my favorite Zelda game as well (I still have to play a Link between Worlds, which people are saying is brilliant).

I distinctly remember liking the game as a child back in 2000, even if there were many parts of it that I found creepy or weird. Since then, everytime I've played it in the subsequent decade, I noticed new stuff and even more symbolism, double meanings and deep questions posed by the game's narrative, things that went right over my head as a kid. This gives the game an insane amount of replay value; in fact, I am doing a playthrough with friends right now, and one of us ho never played the game before was consequently blown away by it  :)  On another note, we found an emulator that manages to fully render the game even on widescreen, so there is no stretching. Let me tell you, you have not lived untill you have seen Majoras Maks on a 55" TV Screen :o

For anyone interested in MM symbolism, I find the following essay/article to be rather interesting:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2011/09/13/the-message-of-majoras-mask/

P.S.: The inverted song of time slows time to 1/4 of normal speed. Many sites say 1/2, I don't know why.