ThePope

Evil Genius Vs. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

Which would you buy?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• Evil Genius
    • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

If you had to go out today and buy one of these games which would it be?

Now i know these are two diffrent games from two diffrent genres, but if you HAD to buy one which would you? Feel free to comment on why.

EG. although its a tough choice, because WH40K seems like such a damn good & innovative game. but seeing as i absolutely love dungeon keeper, and will play anything similar to it, EGs got my vote. the art style and creativity just sweetens the deal. and besides, any money towards former bullfrog guys is well spent money.

SiN

I'm gonna buy Warhammer, though I wasn't a big fan of the lone previous Warhammer game I played...

...becasue Sierra is gonna send me a free review copy of Evil Genius.

What kind of crazy poll is this?

What's better, cheese or hats?

Well, cheese is pretty good, it's easier to eat, but with a hat, you can use it every day, and the smell won't get much worse.

I say hats!

Warhammer 40k DoW, because I've been on the beta for a while now and this game does actually rock immensely.

I'd recomend this game to everyone, best rts eva!!

this is the worst poll ever. It forces me to choose between two titles I absolutely want to have :/

On the one hand I get to do all the awesome secret lair building and bond style torturing goodness I can handle with evil genius

screen_7.jpg

But on the other hand if I choose evil genius I have to miss out on the badassness that is warhammer40k: dawn of war

inquisitor.jpg

but if I'm absolutely forced to choose one i'd reluctantly go with evil genius, sorry m'n blood angel space marines! I was forced by the evil genius!

I'm not going to choose - I am going to get both.

Which first? that I don't know yet. It depends what mood I'm in on payday. If I feel like directing a huge sci fi army and blowing stuff up, with lots of mayhem and carnage and a gritty setting, then Dawn of War it is.

On the other hand if I feel like sitting back relaxing while my brightly coloured minions go about their business, only ever lifting a finger to order some more amusing traps or stroke my fluffy white cat; then Evil Genius will be first in my DVD drive.

If, however, you want to vote in STUPID POLLS, you should forgo video games and come straight to Idle Thumbs' forums!

If, however, you want to vote in STUPID POLLS, you should forgo video games and come straight to Idle Thumbs' forums!

Damn Twilo its just a poll who cares how stupid it is. If it bothers that much just dont open the topic. There problem solved!

How about this one: which do u like more eating or drinking?

We should, but perhaps we should vote on it first? Let's make a poll to make a poll!

It's having an opinion gone mad.

Right now I'd say Evil Genius because I haven't played the Warhammer demo yet, and don't know anything about the previous games. But it is among the leftovers of my demo downloading frenzy last week, so I'll play it tomorrow.

Evil Genius!

I just finished the demo and I loved it!

When I was interrogating a prisoner, the minion instead of torturing him did the... (shudder)... MOONWALK! :woohoo:

Actually it's was the review of this site that convinced me to try the demo.... :mock:

I might try the Warhammer 40,000 demo if I find it....

I've played the Dawn of War demo a bit now and it surely seems an interesting game. But again, as with Rise of Nations and other strategy games, playing the demo has already satisfied my curiosity and I'm not that interested in the full game.

I just can't fucking help being bored by base building. If I do it once, maybe twice in one game, I've had enough. And I didn't really appreciate Dawn of War's "solution" to the question "How do those units magically appear from the barracks?"

So still, I'd go with Evil Genius. Well, that has of course even more base building, but you know what I mean. I didn't like Dungeon Keeper much though, so it may turn out I won't like this either.

I haven't gotten around to playing the single player demo of DoW yet but as I mentioned before I played the multiplayer beta a fair bit and I can honestly say that the multiplayer in DoW is absolutely brilliant in my opinion.

The sheer size of some of the battles and the animations and... well... everything.

The game looks stunning and for me plays the same way. Yay DoW, yay :gaming: