Jake

Twin Peaks Discussion

james and bobby look amaze.

also, that Betty's mum from Riverdale, who knew. Exciting.

I'm bingeing watching twin Peaks now for the first time, on episode 10. Iove it.

217 actors. it's going to be cameo city.

i wonder if there'll be any cross over, like Naomi Watts playing charter from mullholland, why not? (Wait did she die I can't remember)

Mington, you're on episode 10 of the first season? I'm probably not the only one who'd enjoy any impressions/speculations if you got time to post em.

I just watched episode 3 of season 2, which was kinda boring actually. Very little quirks or laughs.

episode 4, so far amazing. Some of these episode are like night and day.

I've seen the 'survival guide' and am a little worried going forward. I don't care for any of the new characters introduced so far in season 2 :/

im a little worried about 18 episode by David lynch with the new season. That's going to be intense, at least we'll have a week to recover inbetween.

8 minutes ago, Mington said:

I just watched episode 3 of season 2, which was kinda boring actually. Very little quirks or laughs.

episode 4, so far amazing. Some of these episode are like night and day.

I've seen the 'survival guide' and am a little worried going forward. I don't care for any of the new characters introduced so far in season 2 :/

im a little worried about 18 episode by David lynch with the new season. That's going to be intense, at least we'll have a week to recover inbetween.

There are a few really good episodes coming up and then a weird dry spell. We try to comfort people through the hard times on the podcast. I think it's worth it when you get to the last couple episodes and the film, though.

Yeah I've been listening along with you two 👍🏻 Good stuff. 

I watched the international version of episode 1 thinking it'll just be a longer edit until that last 30 minutes and thought I'd really messed and spoiled the whole show. Then all of that stuff is included in the normal run by episode 3 anyway in Coopers dream. So much stuff about this show is wild.

I'm finding it really addictive.

I am at the point in my rewatch where it descends in to just a weird comedy soap opera for ages. I really don't like the way they wrap up the killer storyline but there are so many strong moments leading up to it.  Now I've gotta sit through all the Windem 'Master of disguise' Earle for ages. 

1 hour ago, Woodfella said:

I am at the point in my rewatch where it descends in to just a weird comedy soap opera for ages. I really don't like the way they wrap up the killer storyline but there are so many strong moments leading up to it.  Now I've gotta sit through all the Windem 'Master of disguise' Earle for ages. 

Have you seen the movie? I think it helps the killer storyline. 

On 25/03/2017 at 5:13 PM, Jake said:

Have you seen the movie? I think it helps the killer storyline. 

I have but I have very little memory of it. I'll get to it after I finish the series again. The stuff I'm not that keen on though is 

Spoiler

The speech he gives in the cell. And it seems to wrap up really quickly like they were under pressure to end it. Cooper remembering what Laura said to him in the dream. 

The good stuff though is all the stuff with Leland and Bob when you know. The Maddie scene. Him straightening his tie in the mirror. And he's been possessed for a long time right, so the implication is that he's been abusing Laura for a long time. I wonder if that means that, in the new ones, Cooper has been murdering people for 25 years...

6 hours ago, Woodfella said:

Hide contents

Cooper has been murdering people for 25 years...

Frown frown frown (But plausible!)

Just finished watch the series and film which was incredible, so much better than I had hoped coming off the back of season 2.

one thing that popped in to my head part way through watching the series was this

i was like, is that a fucking twin Peaks spoiler? What else could it be reference too. 

So I was thinking perhaps Mike had more of a hand in the murders :) 

also. Jim Carrey and twin Peaks would be a perfect fit... even wearing the mask 👍🏻

It's a Fugitive reference, in both the Mask and Twin Peaks. Gerard is also the last name of the chief pursuing officer in the Fugitive, chasing the protagonist who claims he was framed and his wife was killed by a one armed man. (Though the police think he did it.)

The Mask is referencing the 90s Harrison Ford movie adaptation and Twin Peaks is almost definitely referencing the original 60s tv show.  

Ah yes of course, thanks for clearing that up.

Excited for the new season and really glad I finally got around to watching it. Im

so happy I actually managed to experience it without knowing who the killer was until the reveal. I'd considered it when his hair changed colour but was then thrown off when he said he'd seen Bob as a child. To be honest as I was binge watching it I didn't really give it much thought and just went along for the ride instead of trying to solve the case. Those first 14ish episodes were so good, although actually there was a lot of shit in there also. Looking back I hate almost everything outsider of the murder mystery :/ I cheered when Josie turned into a draw handle.

I wonder how adult this new series will be swearing? More graphic violence? Sex/Nudity? I'd imagine they'd all appear now it's more exceptable on tv and appear in a lot of Lynch's subsequent work. Will be a little strange to have someone tell officer Andy to go fuck himself.

also can't help thinking about what the actor who plays Bob will look like now and if he'll be returning. Shh don't tell me.

2 hours ago, Mington said:

also can't help thinking about what the actor who plays Bob will look like now and if he'll be returning. Shh don't tell me.

Are you sure you don't want to know?

Shhhhh

how long does it take to grow a full mullet..? No, don't tell me!

apparently denim on denim is in now so he'll have to switch up his look. Perhaps he could wear a sarong

I don't know if Lynch will care about defying expections, surprising the audience with the unexpected.

I cant help but think if we get evil dale cooper turning up in twin Peaks there's going to be a lot of fucking. Coop working his way around town like it's a season of Banshee

How about nazi's. 'Green room' like organised alt right types... I guess they'd be no need for bob in that case. That would be terrible.

the more I think about what twin Peaks will be in 2017, the more I hope it's going to be totally out of time and just avoid all the shit. 

By 'shit', I mean current reality

6 hours ago, Mington said:

:(

Bom bom bom bom BOM BOM BOM BOM

*Bob slowly creeps towards camera*

good I love that ominous evil music track from the show

19 hours ago, Mington said:

Oh Mington :(