undermind9

Where in the World - Idle Thumbs Map

Not so much with the social justice/progressiveness though.

Also missing: France, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Latvia, Lithuania, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and anything south east of Slovenia/Croatia/Austria.

Not so much with the social justice/progressiveness though.

Hahaha, tell me about it.

I went out for drinks on Friday and I got told I was opinionated in a way that is different from me because I objected to the use of N***** in everyday conversation. I tried to point out that it is massively racist and I got told that it wasn't in Poland.

Their 11th of November parade is apparently real classy.

EDIT:

"opinionated in a way that is different from me" is an autocorrect in this forum and means I was told I was olitically orrect

I came so close to being the southmost thumb. Why did somebody have to live in Invercargill?

I'm going to be moving cities in the coming months though. I assume there's some way to update my blob on the map when that happens.

Hahaha, tell me about it.

I went out for drinks on Friday and I got told I was opinionated in a way that is different from me because I objected to the use of N***** in everyday conversation. I tried to point out that it is massively racist and I got told that it wasn't in Poland.

Their 11th of November parade is apparently real classy.

EDIT:

"opinionated in a way that is different from me" is an autocorrect in this forum and means I was told I was olitically orrect

Oh hey, you're in Poland at the moment? Whereabouts?

I'm going to be in Bielsko with the family for the Christmas & such.

I am in Warsaw for three months.

The City is actually really cool, it has the best Veggie burger I have ever had, there are tons of cool little drinking places, loads of gigs and the climbing centre in town is pretty good too.

Cool. Poland is surprisingly easy as a vegetarian thanks to stuff like pierogy, very nice.

Be sure to take a trip to Krakow as well while you're there, I love that place.

I came so close to being the southmost thumb. Why did somebody have to live in Invercargill?

I'm going to be moving cities in the coming months though. I assume there's some way to update my blob on the map when that happens.

several folks have re-located and sent me private messages to update the spreadsheet, for obvious reasons it is a view only document

let me know and best of luck moving

Cool. Poland is surprisingly easy as a vegetarian thanks to stuff like pierogy, very nice.

Be sure to take a trip to Krakow as well while you're there, I love that place.

Krakow is weird - I was there about 6 years ago with a gay black man as a travelling buddy and although the area is beautiful in a ex-soviet block knd of way (I also ended up getting super drunk in a weird Middle Earth themed Pub surrounded by emo teenagers).

Buuut, we arrived the day of a football match and it was really scary and we ended up hiding in a restaurant while jack booted skin heads marched past, chanting.

According to this map I'm the only listener living in Asia? I'm kinda surprised, I figured for sure there'd be a few others. I've tried my best to get some other locals to listen to the show but I guess it didn't take.

According to this map I'm the only listener living in Asia? I'm kinda surprised, I figured for sure there'd be a few others. I've tried my best to get some other locals to listen to the show but I guess it didn't take.

Well, you're the only forum-goer who's seen this thread and bothered to submit their location, anyway...

Third Finnish guy to the map, wawazat!

E: or at least I hope it shows up, I filled all the details

Canadian, but currently living and working on the island of Mauritius. Am I allowed to claim the entirety of the Indian Ocean?

I hadnt checked in here for a long time and found ~20 errors from postal codes it could not interpret...and the spreadsheet not understanding leading zeros (silly east coasters).  This should help with the populating of the map especially in Canada, Finland, Sweeden, and Germany

Also, despite my emails to smartsheet support, double pins are not displayed as a spread - so they just over write each other.  I have done my best to find the next adjacent city to better represent amount of people in a given region - although at the sacrifice of some accuracy.

~225 representatives though! super neat, im glad this post & idea has prevailed