undermind9

Where in the World - Idle Thumbs Map

Added myself to Vancouver, BC.

Though I might have covered up Juv3nal since I think neither of us put a postal code.

Added myself. Seems there are a few others pretty close by! 

Indiecade seems to be very dev focused (the talks at least), but there appears to be a lot that would be great for people who don't make games. I've wanted to go but that's on the other side of the continent for me!

And now there's another! I'd like to meet some other thumbs in the area if possible :)

Doh - hit enter to confirm my submission for a single box but ended up confirming my entire entry after only listing a country. I'm now living in Nunavut... if anyone has the ability to change this, I live in Vancouver, BC, wouldn't mind showing up there. Thanks!

Doh - hit enter to confirm my submission for a single box but ended up confirming my entire entry after only listing a country. I'm now living in Nunavut... if anyone has the ability to change this, I live in Vancouver, BC, wouldn't mind showing up there. Thanks!

All fixed

Yay, more Vancouver thumbs!

What?  I'm the first in the whole state of Virginia?  That can't be right.

What?  I'm the first in the whole state of Virginia?  That can't be right.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got the entire southwest United States all to myself. If you exclude California.

Hermie, is your life the coldest?

Oh, I never saw this.

Surprisingly not! Where I am from is where the gulf stream ends up, so it stays warmer than it should. It "only" gets to around -20C/-4F in deep winter. And even then it doesn't get the biting cold of still air that you will if you go some kilometers inland from there. Winter does last from around october to april, though.

Additionally, I'm now living in Oslo. Which looking at this map, is around the same distance north-south as mainland Canada. 

Goddamned Norwegians, having all the nice weather and the oil and the whatnot. ;) When I lived in Skellefteå (northern Sweden), we had occasional dips close to around -40C/F in the middle of winter. Now that I live in Sundsvall it generally stays around -20C to -25C in the middle of winter.

Now that you mention, 2 of those look weird: one list their location as Crewe and ended up in Britânia, Goiás (some strange thing happening with Great Britain changing to Britânia, I guess?) and another one is in an indigenous reserve in Mato Grosso. Anyway, hooray for more Brazilians! (I'm exiled in the UK and considering not coming back)

My autocomplete put me at my old address in San Francisco, rather than my hometown of Oslo. Oh well, guess I'll have two pins on the map then.  :P

I live way out in the middle of goddamned nowhere in the north end of California but it looks like there's two thumbs within (what is for me) a reasonable distance!

No Polish thumbs at all, that surprises me because these guys love their video games.

No Polish thumbs at all, that surprises me because these guys love their video games.

Not so much with the social justice/progressiveness though.