undermind9

Where in the World - Idle Thumbs Map

oddly it does.  but when i pulled the zip-code off one of you's entries it moved the pin a few miles into town...Thanks Bing

So bizarre.  I'm in Davis proper, but that zip code put us both outside, so now it looks like I live in farm fields. That's okay. At least I know someone else is in Davis with me.

So bizarre.  I'm in Davis proper, but that zip code put us both outside, so now it looks like I live in farm fields. That's okay. At least I know someone else is in Davis with me.

I'm sure it's just dropping you in the calculated geographic center of the zip code. Even as small as mine is, it's not particularly close to where I live, but I think it's the center, looking at a zip code map.

As of right now, the closest Thumb to me would be Dewar, but I have to cross the border to get to them. I know we've got some BC thumbs. Represent, Canada. There are more than 4 of us!

Since this has turned into a bug reporting thread: For some reason my marker didn't quite end up in the right city. Pretty close, though!

Not sure whether I used a wrong zip code (I don't think I did) or if it's some sort of bug. Well anyway, at least the text is right.

Traitor.

You never truly loved me, we both knew this wouldn't have worked. It's for the best that this happened. we miss you

You never truly loved me, we both knew this wouldn't have worked. It's for the best that this happened. we miss you

:kiss:

Hey, Apple Cider, you live where those Red Letter Media people live! They are always making jokes about it being the centre of nothingness in the universe. Is this accurate?

We're weirdly very euromericaustralicentric here on Idle Thumbs.

Also dibs, why did you leave me? :(

Not even Euro, more like British Isles, Benelux and Scandinavia/Nordics.

Hey, Apple Cider, you live where those Red Letter Media people live! They are always making jokes about it being the centre of nothingness in the universe. Is this accurate?

Well, that's somewhat of a hyperbolic joke! Lake Michigan used to be a huge shipping lane and therefore, Milwaukee and other larger towns (not cities) along the lake grew up over time as industrial production centers. There's also the capital of Madison, which boasts UW-Madison as well as the State house/senate. The west and extreme north ends, yes, are incredibly rural, though, and comprised predominantly of farmland. We also are the third largest producer of cranberries! 

Edit: Funny story, I've grew up and lived most of my life in NY state.

I have always heard very nice things about Madison. I'll not say anything about the rest of 'sconsin.

This map continues to be amazingly awesome.

Hmm, my marker seems to have disappeared from Manchester, UK. Either that or Griddlelol's has devoured mine and gained its power. Plz hlep.

Gwardinen - i moved your marker to a nearby postal code to get out from underneath Griddle

Tycho - ya, i just sorted the database by country which should make it a little less jumpy

I kinda dug the jumping, it was like a thumbsplosion was shaking out the thumbs from their cracks all over the world. 

Haha I liked the jumping, too, once I realized what was happening.

I'm Spain's only Thumb! And I'm not even a Spaniard. I have cemented myself as the Thumb's most southern European listener. Not that there's much competition...