Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Criminey, It's Christmas (2015-)!

Home Alone and Elf will be the only Christmas movies I watch for the rest of my life (and maybe some Ernest Saves Christmas every now and again). As much as I like this time of year with the holidays and whatnot, I really really don't like most of the Christmas media out there. Especially Christmas music. 4 1/2 years working at Applebee's drained 4 1/2 lifetimes of my patience for shitty Christmas music. Unless it's the N'Sync Christmas album.

The problem there is shitty Christmas music!

The best Christmas movie is clearly Scrooged, I don't know what y'all are talking about.

Now I see why you didn't respond to my request for feedback about my Christmas movie marathon.

Sorry, but my answer would have been "yes they both hold up". I don't know if that actually would have helped much.

Bjorn and Badfinger, I'm not sure whether you're arguing against me or the article but neither of us said those movies aren't Xmas/holiday movies.

Cleinhun is correct.

The actual best Christmas movie is Meet Me In St. Louis. Career best film for both Judy Garland and Vincent Minelli, it surveys a year (in four seasonal vignettes) in the life of a St. Louis family in 1904, ending on Christmas with

Great film, funny, emotional, great to watch with your family and always makes me wistful thinking back on the previous year. It's tone and structure were hugely influential on A Christmas Story.

Merry constipated Crishtmas one and all. May your stools pass with gentle ease.

Keep well hydrated, I think that's the key.

And a Merry Christmas to all the Thumbs!  Hope it's a great day for everyone!

I hope the Christmas season went well for everyone!

Daddy Long Legs is here to get you ready for the next Christmas 2015 :)

(Listen through the first minute, it's beautiful)

I've updated the thread title so this can now act as the CHRISTMAS MEGATHREAD and no one need re-post the same ten videos ever again!

"Woods1701

I first saw this about 2 years ago when a friend linked to it from a forum I'm signed up to. It was by far the most disturbing thing I had ever seen... And whaddya know... It still is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. Doesn't stop it from being somehow awesome though. Inexplicably, amazingly, but really fucked up awesome. This would make a great conversation piece over a christmas dinner."

And yet, Ben, there will be an occurrence of Santa SM

At least you can just cite the earlier post...

One should have an oil painting of Santa SM, at the exact moment before the nipple reveal, to hang prominently over one's fireplace.