Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Criminey, It's Christmas (2015-)!

I know what you're thinking - if we take the '7 weeks of thread for one day of holiday' standard ratio set by the Halloween thread and extrapolate, then this thread should have started sometime around March last year. But better late than never! Some people here have got their Xmas avatars up already, which is good to see.

So, has anyone started making a list of gifts yet? Always good to have one now so that if you get a good gift idea you haven't forgotten it come shopping time in October!

I haven't had time to do my Christmas shopping yet. Oh god, i hope it is not the usual and i leave it till the last 6 months before to sort everything out again!

I don't see why we can't use the old thread. It's not like they're going to reinvent Christmas this year.

PHEW! Good thing I never bothered to change my avatar in all this time.

I don't see why we can't use the old thread. It's not like they're going to reinvent Christmas this year.

I agree, admin should merge all existing Christmas threads (there are at least four).

OR:

Actually it will have hoverboards this year.

I love how contractually obliged the lead singer in Wizzard feels in that clip. He'd rather do anything else than be there in that get-up.

Ahh the French Horn, the most metal of all instruments.

It is so loud and my teacher keeps making me play louder.

it's safe to say he's high.

Although it's a particularly unenergetic high, which is pretty ironic seeing as he's surrounded by snow.

I was going to switch my Christmas userpic back to the standard one, but do I need to make it even more Christmassier, in preparation for next year? TWO Christmas hats?

Although it's a particularly unenergetic high, which is pretty ironic seeing as he's surrounded by snow.

On top of that, his eyes are bleeding blue meth.

So what are everyone's favourite Christmas films? Mine is... Die Hard! You may not think of it as a Christmas film because it's an action film and not about Christmas, but it's set at Christmas and so technically can be called a Christmas film!

(Also, Scrooged.)

For actual Christmas-centric movies, I'd go with Christmas Vacation. For movies that are set during Christmas, I'd go with Lethal Weapon, though Die Hard always fights for the top slot.

The best Christmas movie is clearly Scrooged, it's not even up for debate.

Eugh, I'm sick of Christmas 2015. It's old news. Played out. Get over it already. Roll on Easter 2016, I say.