Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Slim PS2... I'm tempted

For some reason after seeing the new slim PS2 which costs about £99, I'm actually really tempted to get one. :shifty:

I've made a point of hating the PS2 for ages and don't have one and never planned on getting one, but this is... slim and... not too much moneys.

WHat's the score people? Anyone else out there interested by the new PS2?

well... yeah, it is. But I feal as though there's alot of good games I have probably missed out on by not having a PS2, and this is an excuse to get one.

Looking around the net today though made me think a bit more as I went to liksang and thought 'mmmmmm that gba sp looks mighty tempting right now' and then realised that the DS is comming and so is the PSP.

Maybe I should hold out for the new handhelds.

I'm getting one the second it's out. Hoping it will fit above my two "big" PS2's.

and get a PS2, even if it's just for gitaroo man. :woohoo:

why on earth do you need a third ps2 for radijsje? it's not as if the two other oens you have are getting old or something...

why on earth do you need a third ps2 for radijsje? it's not as if the two other oens you have are getting old or something...

The euro one is getting old. Main reason is that the new super thin ps2 thingy just looks sexay.

:grin:

I liked the PS1 re-release with the screen. Maybe they should do that with the PS2.

Either that, or Microsoft should release a thinner version of the Xbox.

The euro one is getting old. Main reason is that the new super thin ps2 thingy just looks sexay.

:grin:

Its sleek design will surely be justified when placed amid randomly scattered socks under your dust-covered TV, whilst happily soaking in the sigarette smells that permeate your room through its integrated Ethernet port. Poor PS2.

I just wanted to establish the scene, y'know...

Well get used to it. He's the big anti-cheese here :sombrero:

On-topic: it's a nice design, but the PS2 still doesn't attract me. I'm a one-console man, and that vacancy is taken by Nintendo.

I was like that too until I realized I was missing 80% of the good games that came out each year. Now granted, I still miss most of those, but I at least sleep soundly knowing the possibility is there that I could conceivably buy [insert hot new xbox game here] at some point if I wanted to.

Aha, but that I where my little brother comes in, who owns the nefarious device :grin: Even though I live on my own and he's in the old house still, I could easily buy a PS2 game and play it as soon as I'm home. So katamari Damacy is not beyond my reach ^_~

Thats kind of bad re: stacking on an entertainment center shelf. The Cube has the same problem for me... Not a huge deal though.

Dude, I actually like the top loading better. I don't have to be so gentle in getting the disk in the tray.

In reguards to the news on the front page I'd like it to be known that I actually have a cousin named Billy who gives all his old and unsexy consoles to his little brother. True fact.