Jake

Idle Thumbs 188: A Refined Baby

Maybe Wario has to rescue the kidnapped Wapeach, but at the end it turns out she was visiting friends of hers in Palm 

Springs, just picked up and left, never bothered to tell him.

Maybe Wario has to rescue the kidnapped Wapeach, but at the end it turns out she was visiting friends of hers in Palm

Springs, just picked up and left, never bothered to tell him.

The sequel is a visual novel where you play as Wapeach, whose friends are all trying to get her to break up with that crazy guy who went on a cross county rampage because she went on vacation. Be chill, Wario.

Springs, just picked up and left, never bothered to tell him.

I think that was the story of Braid.

No, Mangela's was the story of Braid. Mine was the story of The Big Lebowski.

Braid inspired The Big Lebowski.  Because time is wibbly wobbly.

Wait are you sure that Braid isn't the story of Donnie?

Patrick was talking about Highlights magazine, not sure if that was hot anywhere else but it was huge in Chicago

0412_cover_main.jpg

Also this is a review on Shari's Berries:

IDq9txr.jpg

"Woof" as an interjection just makes me think of a line in The Crow.

TFOrj2sl.jpg

"Quit hoggin' the pipe, man!"

God, it's like being transported back to high school.

I relistened to the 187 and there were no woofs, and I can't keep going backwards. I concede with the woofs.

Unless it was just Jake saying "woof" this whole time? Maybe you guys have never said woof and I am getting all of my podcasts mixed up.

Both Chris and Jake "woof" in the most recent Twin Peaks Rewatch episode.

Woof as an interjection or... really as an anything just makes me think of the weird old men in gay bars who hit on me when I was younger. They'd leer over me, make the most intimidating and creepy eye contact ever, and just say woof. Nothing else. Just woof.

Patrick was talking about Highlights magazine, not sure if that was hot anywhere else but it was huge in Chicago

Highlights Magazine - found at every doctor/dentist office in the city!

Woof as an interjection or... really as an anything just makes me think of the weird old men in gay bars who hit on me when I was younger. They'd leer over me, make the most intimidating and creepy eye contact ever, and just say woof. Nothing else. Just woof.

BITE DE BULLEET BITE DE BULLEET

Highlights totally sucked. My grandpa bought my subscriptions for years, I guess it was his way of caring 6 states away. All I liked was Goofus and Gallant, mostly just to see what a mother fucker Goofus was being.

Highlights was the HIGHLIGHT of doctor's office visits, along with those safety lollipops that had the stick bent into a loop so you could ostensibly yank it out of a choking toddler's throat.

I had a Tommy Timbertoes watch as a small child and I accidentally left it in my pocket & sent it through the washer and dryer.  I think back on that and get real sad sometimes, so thanks a lot for that sad reminder Badfinger!

Highlights was the HIGHLIGHT of doctor's office visits, along with those safety lollipops that had the stick bent into a loop so you could ostensibly yank it out of a choking toddler's throat.

Also, these things:

ILaHAA9.gif

We moved into a house when I was 5 years old, and in the closet of my bedroom there was a stack of Highlights magazines, probably five years worth from the 70s.  They once published this joke, which I later learned was lifted from Gilligan's Island.

A man goes to the doctor and says "Doctor, doctor - i've bitten off my own ear!"

The doctor asks - bemused "how did you do that?"

The man says: "I stood on a chair!"

So that was pretty good I guess.

I don't get it.

I think the idea is that the patient can't hear properly now that their ear has been bitten off. So they answer the wrong question. I don't know what that question would be though. If I made the joke I'd probably re-write the ending answer with something like "Chicken."