SecretAsianMan

Tacoma from Fullbright

You beat me to this topic by seconds because I was looking up the exact quote so I could title my thread "Tacoma: The Lunar Base That is Maybe Haunted By Ghosts."

Yes! I screamed like a little girl when I saw Fullbright's logo. Seems really promising!

Jokes aside, I'm really excited. Curious if they're going to do another first-person exploration game like Gone Home or if they're just using that as a base and building on it. Maybe something else entirely. Eager to see it.

Looks great, although I'm a bit disappointed that they're going sci-fi rather than sticking with the mundane, real-world setting of Gone Home.

Interesting that the game was initially going to take place in the actual Tacoma, Washington. I work there sometimes!

I trust Steve and co. to have an interesting spin on the at first glance normal sci fi setting. Excited for the game. 2016 seems far away.

Lesbians in Space!

sorry, I had to made that horrible "joke")

Anyway, the room design does give off a Bioshock vibe. I hope the game will be a little bit more gamey than gone home. So "hacking" computers and doors.

I love scifi! Even more, I love visions of the future that present something a bit more realistic than depressing, poorly lit grey tunnels of tubes and metal plating. Looking forward to this.

Yes yes yes! :tup:

The promise of space ghost busting makes me feel good!

Jokes aside, I'm really excited. Curious if they're going to do another first-person exploration game like Gone Home or if they're just using that as a base and building on it. Maybe something else entirely. Eager to see it.

They brought on a character animator so presumably one thing that will differentiate it from gone home is there will character(s?) that are animated.

Quoted from the Fullbright blog post:

Originally it was called Tacoma because the game was going to take place in Tacoma, Washington. It was shaping up to be much more along the lines of what we’d already done. But I was hiking with my wife Rachel on Wizard Island (yes, really) when I had kind of an epiphany that with our next game we needed to push further from territory we’d already explored— and that discussion led to our next game being set on Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma, situated at Lagrange Point 1 between the Earth and our moon.

I'm so excited and happy about this! There's an actual place called Wizard Island!

But seriously, so happy. Gone Home and Fullbright (feat. Chris "Mr Hi Score" Remo) are the best.

Sweet!  I wonder if classic country is still going to have some influence on it.  At one point, Steve said he'd been listening to a bunch of classic female country artists while brainstorming for the next game.

They brought on a character animator so presumably one thing that will differentiate it from gone home is there will character(s?) that are animated.

Neat! The thing that immediately jumped to my mind was first-person hand animations, but that's me projecting thoughts about Alien: Isolation and the ever-present Far Cry 2.

Sweet!  I wonder if classic country is still going to have some influence on it.  At one point, Steve said he'd been listening to a bunch of classic female country artists while brainstorming for the next game.

"Walkin' After Midnight (In A Spacestation)"

I am incredibly excited for a vision of the future from Steve Gaynor and the rest of Fullbright, but this is all I think about when I think about Tacoma:

OC1269.png