melmer

STREET FIGHTER 5 (PS4/PC exclusive)

I’ve watched some breakdown analysis videos, and looking at it frame by frame we can tell there isn’t a parry or focus attack in this current build.

The games new special gimmick is the ‘powered up stance’ you can go into by burning all your meter. (There are still ex special moves you can perform by burning 1 meter)

Ryu is using ‘Lighting’ and Chun li is using ‘Water’ for their powered up modes. I think this elemental power will be selectable when choosing your fighter, although I don’t think lightning/water will be used across the whole cast. Ken or Blanka using water for example would just be wired (Although to be honest, I don’t think Blanka will be appearing in this game… not in the original roster at any rate) Each fighter will get 2 or 3 elemental powers which’ll change up how they fight.

Perhaps the base game will come with only 1 variant for each character, that way Capcom can sell you the same character again, this time with fire moves!

I’m excited! I upset my GF the other day as I said I was looking forward to this more than our wedding next year :-/ ooops

Holy shit, it's here, I almost forgot. SFV is being shown off again later today \o/ in a mini exhibition tournament/match between four people (including Daigo vs Ono) anyway, hopefuuuul they'll show of 1 or 2 new characters. They have to show Charlie after that tease right?

Edit: this was it :-/

It's lonely in here :P

All future dlc characters will be earnable in game :tup:

A new character will be getting shown off in about 16 hours time. Unfortunately I'll be asleep then

The beta starts next Friday (I think) god I hope I get in. I think the EU beta is being treated like a lottery... Surely they'll want as many people as possible to test it properly

So now that Beta 3 is done, the roster and DLC is revealed, and we are approaching the finale of Street Fighter IV's life, what are our thoughts on the Definitive Street Fighter 4 moments?

I'd point certainly to Daigo's back-to-back wins at Evo 2009 and 2010, and his whole SFIV career in general; the man never went a year with first place at a major, and despite being knocked out incredibly early at Evo 2014, came back to win just about everything in 2015 save Evo (9th) and Capcom Cup (2nd, and arguably the story of the tournament). What're the odds he takes 1st at Evo this year in SFV?

I'd say the Early Days of SFIV - the Sagat era - are worth noting, especially since as the years went on we saw more and more character diversity. There was the brief moment when everyone played Yun when AE came out, but by the end of the game's life, and at the final major tournament (Capcom Cup 2015), we had the top 8 all playing different characters, something I don't think I've ever seen in a fighting game before.

POONGKO's existence fills me with joy; the dude has been crazy fun to watch when it comes to aggressive play, and the fact that no one else played Seth seriously before him made it better. I've rooted for him to win Evo every year and I hope he does in SFV. Someday they'll let him rip the shirt off onstage mid-set. Someday.

Infiltration maining random is great, and I honestly believe his set against Gamerbee at Evo 2015 is the best Street Fighter match ever to be played. Beats out Evo Moment 37 for me. I don't think I've ever yelled as much. Related, Gamerbee losing in the finals broke my heart :(

Here's to a new game, a new metagame, and a new set of things to complain about (more like Jab Fighter V amirite, needs more combos). Cheers!

I immediately thought of this and couldn't believe upon finding it that it was over five years ago. Ooft.

Other favourite moments are just Sako in general - remember when he started attending SFIV events and he was some mythical execution god casually doing the wildest things with Cammy/Rose/Ibuki nobody had ever thought of? That was pretty great. And he's always smiling.

Daigo hitting Arturo's Dhalsim's stand HP with cr.HP xx super from more or less full screen.

Ricky Ortiz vs Wolfkrone "What are you standing up for?"

A European taking Evo.

I have loved SFIV, it's probably my most played game this generation, and if you factor in the amount of time I've spent watching it and reading about it then it borders on the ridiculous. It's amazing to think how far we've come as when the first SFIV Evo was held Twitch didn't exist (or barely did) and the only way to see it was by subscribing to IGN who put up videos in dribs and drabs weeks after the event - and I still did it and was grateful! Now there are majors every month at least and international players are expected and not a novelty. I can't play fighters as much these days and do not expect to get into SFV anywhere near as much but I've enjoyed the betas and look forward to hopefully more of the same but with a sizeable influx of new players as I don't expect IV to die anytime soon.

The superior "what are you standing up for" is still Guilty Gear last year (that SportsCenter coverage!), but man, remember when Wolfkrone was top 8 consistently? Outside of the Japanese "Gods" (blegh), the player base has changed so much throughout SFIV. Latif made the finals, WolfKrone used to be unstoppable, we've had the rise of so many new players recently (801Strider, Bonchan, Jayce, MY BOY SNAKEEYEZ), and I'm looking forward to how many people are excited for and will join with SFV.

Also I think noting the community's general acceptance (YouTube/Reddit aside) regarding Ricki's transition was *huge*, and I was thrilled that I never heard it mentioned on commentary. There were a few pronoun slipups early on that were immediately corrected, and that was it. The more I think about it, the more that might be the story of the Street Fighter IV/UMvC3 era for me.

Just a quick Q. If I buy this game will other folks shit on my dick? Because I'm not sure how I feel about people shitting on my dick.

Nah I ain't gonna shit on your dick, and neither will most folks I imagine. Just play Chun and spam lightning legs and you'll be fine.

So question, who's playing PS4 and who's playing PC? I'm actually going to be rolling PC, since I don't feel like buying a new stick just yet (I have a Qanba Q4), which I guess means I'm also buying a new GFX card soon!

Hopefully the PC version won't have very demanding specs, that's the one I'll be getting if I do get the game. Am I right in saying that there will be cross-play between PS4 and PC? I hope so.

Yep cross play. I've already preordered on PS4, I just bit the bullet as I want it digitally, don't want to be swapping disks for the next 5 years. Also with all the dlc in the years to come, it's hog to take up a huge chunk of you harddrive anyway.

I also bought the season pass... because I don't think I'll be playing it enough to earn all the dlc characters throughout the year. Hopefully there's still indenting to play and earn points, as I think that's the reason why I'd keep playing.

Hopefully the PC version won't have very demanding specs, that's the one I'll be getting if I do get the game. Am I right in saying that there will be cross-play between PS4 and PC? I hope so.

PC specs are actually pretty light! Per Capcom:

OS Version

• Recommended: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor

• Minimum: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
  • Recommended: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz

Memory

• Minimum: 6 GB DDR3
  • Recommended: 8 GB DDR3

Graphics

• Minimum: Nvidia GTX 480 (or higher)
    • Nvidia GTX 570 (or higher)
    • Nvidia GTX 670 (or higher)
    • Recommended: GTX 960

Network

• Broadband Connection Required

DirectX Version

• Minimum: DirectX 11
  • Recommended: DirectX 11

Sound Card

• Minimum: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

The real question is who has 6GB of RAM in their machine? 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, y'all. Maybe 24. MAYBE.

Also who's playing stick vs. pad vs. keyboard (why/how)?

I'm going to be playing w/ a 360 MadCatz Pro Controller 'cause I'm a baller. 

eRonin legit curious how you play on keyboard. Specifically with regards to 360s and I guess therefore just Zangief in SFV. I used to play GGXX#Reload on a keyboard in high school, but that was because we played it in the lunchroom on someone's laptop, and GG has almost no 360s outside Potemkin (who I did not play).

I play Chun-Li almost exclusively; I find holding down a button to charge much easier than holding the direction on a stick. I have no intention to play Zangief in SFV haha

I'm so bad at this game, the last time I bought a game of the series was in the SNES era (SF Alpha 2).

I'm slowly getting better, hope I can win a ranked match sometime lol.

I'm loving the game visuals, specially on PC, the animation with the motion blur is fantastic.

So far I'm loving V. It has a deliberate pace that I'm finding I can actually follow. For the first time ever, when I lose to randos online I feel like I know what went wrong.

Also discovered the ps4 version supports PS3 FightSticks so they saved me a whole lotta money.

Fite me as IStillSurf (that's PSN and Fighter ID)

Yeah, the game feels really good.  Very much enjoying this so far.  Went with the PC version because of the cross-platform play and also I already owned a 360 stick.  FighterID is thefncrow.

Also, the in-game currency being Fight Money is so good. 

It's been quite a frustrating experience for me so far. I had like a 80%-90% win ratio day 1. But since then I either get ridiculous unplayable lag or it constantly matches people way way out of my league.

Thank god I've seen on the the street fighter server Twitter that they've improved the match making. I'm ranked like 35000th in the world and it constantly matches me against people who were in the top 3000. I like street fighter, but I'm never going to be in the top 5000 players on the planet, so don't match me against them.

Hilariously the tweet was worded from the perspective of the higher ranked player "You will no longer be matched against lower ranked players and will now have a hard time keeping your win streak" Oh woe is me

So last night wasn't fun. I'm looking forward to being matched against some similar skilled players. The feeling of beating a skilled player is like nothing else in gaming (just don't make them too skilled)

And what I mean by that is people who know and perform the most punishable combos at all time. A player who can get 3 light pokes in the match and it's over. Insane corner juggle combos where I can't even compute wants happening.

I feel like I need to swat up before playing. mostly what are my wake up options as I'm getting destroyed, seems like everything I try, even ex specials get beat by a simple medium punch. (I've been playing as birdie)

Oh hi. My Fighter ID is LuWithin6-16Char. I haven't had too much time to dive in yet, but I sometime sooooon I will.