Sign in to follow this  
melmer

Assassins Creed: Syndicate - knees up mother brown

I just realized that this is the sixth main Assassin's Creed game, and they managed to work that into the title. Assassin's Creed: VI....ctory

:spiraldy:

I was just wondering why "victory" is being used to subtitle a game with Victorian London as a setting. Now I see. Never has there been a more appropriate use of that smiley.

Is it me or does the smoke coming out of those chimneys look a bit weird to the right of the ASS DUDE?

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

I'm assuming Nelson was an assassin and didn't really die at Trafalgar and has to get the Victory back to Britain and up the Thames from his hiding place inside a barrel of navy rum. And then his descendent in Victorian London has to find some relic buried under Nelson's Column.

Shit writes itself.

I've never played a Creed game, apart from 20 mins of II in Venice which looked amazing when it came out. I've never been inclined to jump in, and all the Animus baggage looks heavy. I'm not keen on Ubisoft's sweatshop-style conveyor belt approach to designing these games either. I might try Black Flag for my Wii U if I see it cheap. Would that be a good idea I I were only to play one?

I think I prefer AC2 to Black  Flag, but those are definitely the pinnacles of the series. The story is nonsensical to the point that even if you have played the preceding games, it still makes no goddamn sense.

I think the story's pretty straightforward after 2 has its say, to be honest, but then 3 just ruins everything. And 4 doesn't give a shit.

Is it me or does the smoke coming out of those chimneys look a bit weird to the right of the ASS DUDE?

I think those are supposed to be boats chugging in opposite directions, not the wind blowing the smoke in two directions. It still looks funny compared to the smoke at the top of the screen though.

There will definitely come a time when I get around to playing AC3. Maybe somewhere after the next two instalments.

Remember those halcyon days when it took three years for Ubi to produce the next Assassin's Creed? When we didn't even know if there'd be a series, or if AC1 was a weird, wonderful, flawed, interesting artifact of time?

This thread has given me a resolve to skip playing the series for a while. Crossed Unity off my wish list.

I bought Revelations in a Steam sale but didn't play it. I skipped AC3 entirely.

Those decisions paid off in spades when Black Flag came out. I have never played an Assassin's Creed I didn't love. Due to being aggressively selective, it remains one of my favorite series.

There will definitely come a time when I get around to playing AC3. Maybe somewhere after the next two instalments.

Remember those halcyon days when it took three years for Ubi to produce the next Assassin's Creed? When we didn't even know if there'd be a series, or if AC1 was a weird, wonderful, flawed, interesting artifact of time?

What days were those? AC2 came out 2 years after the first game.

What days were those? AC2 came out 2 years after the first game.

It was in those halcyon days when two years seemed like four.

Gameplay

You see the sister at the end of this video who is rumoured to be playable

Also, I've heard it single player only.

Is it really rumored? I saw so many people talk about her being playable like it was for sure, 100% locked up.

Also, I would totally play an Assassin's Creed set in The Syndicate universe.

I say rumoured as I haven't actually done any research :P

They wouldn't dare not having a playable lady after the backlash they got from unity.

plus theyre twins so they can look identical and have same animations

Wouldn't want to exact the grueling toll of properly animating a woman.

Hmm, maybe I'll play this one. Hopefully they've learned some lessons from unity.

Considering how fast they make these things, I'd be amazed if they had the time to even see how feedback is on the previous game; they were probably pretty deep in development on this one by the time Unity came out.

Also, holy shit, the audacity of ending your reveal trailer with an ad for pre-order DLC. Normally that stuff doesn't both me so much, but I feel it speaks volumes about Ubisoft if one of the first things they want people to know about the game is that it has pre-order DLC. Do they usually announce that kind of thing so early?

Batman arkham knight did with Harley Quinn. I think WB and Ubisoft are the worst at this shit, it's such a turn off

I am still in for Assassin's Creed if the game is good. If the game is good I will play it! I also almost got 100% on Black Flag and I don't play games that way. I'm fairly certain it is that main production team. It's not Unity's team. I do hope they can iron out the engine and keep the same sense of goddamn fun that Assassin's Creed: Boat had.