twmac

An email I sent to Giantbomb

I think that the fact that this thread now has two and a half pages discussing potatoes, means that Dan Ryckert has officially won.

[edit] And now posting at the same time as SAM boosted my post to exactly one new page.

Cooking is a colossal pain in the arse. Fuck this thread.

Mashed potatoes should have a bit of texture to them. That purée style stuff creeps me out.

Brad seems like he blames games for him not paying attention. Unless they're Destiny or Dota, I suppose.

I honestly don't notice the Jeff being down on games thing, but enough people say it, so I must be deaf. Or I just subconsciously adjust anything he says to compensate.

Any love for kumara "sweet potato"?

It's so good; bonus points if you grill them into wide cut 'coin' chips.

In the past many years, I've made my mashed potatoes dirty, that is to say, leaving skins on, and then mashed them with a cake mixer. Am I a monster?

In the past many years, I've made my mashed potatoes dirty, that is to say, leaving skins on, and then mashed them with a cake mixer. Am I a monster?

YOU'RE THE ONLY GOOD MAN LEFT! D:!

I don't eat potatoes much because they're basically carbs at dinner.

I honestly don't notice the Jeff being down on games thing, but enough people say it, so I must be deaf. Or I just subconsciously adjust anything he says to compensate.

It's not everything. It's just that when games he doesn't like come up, he really goes out of his way to let everyone know how terrible they are (Majora's Mask, Destiny, anything involving Yoshi, etc), usually by yelling loudly "IT'S TERRIBLE" repeatedly. It's funny once, but this happens every single time and it gets really wearisome.

Dibs, I'm pretty sure scalloped potatoes are just baked, not fried. At least that's how it is in AMERICA *does U-S-A chant*.

YOU'RE THE ONLY GOOD MAN LEFT! D:!

Agreed. You use the best mashed potato recipe. Fuck all others.

I think the most refreshing part of the latest Mario Party Party was how, as time wore on and everyone got less patient, Brad eventually just snapped and called Dan out for constantly using wrestling analogies that nobody understands or cares about.

That feature is essentially Dan conducting psychological torture on the rest of the staff. I only caught some of the end, but even Drew seemed to be getting a bit frazzled.

If you only caught the end, you probably missed the part where Drew snapped and just got up and walked off, calling to switch places with Jason. He then ran the feed while sliding in pictures of garbage (garbage can, pile of garbage, Garbage the band).

He ended up coming back to play the last few turns.

Ah, yeah I must have tuned a bit after he stormed off, because Jason was playing when I started watching. I did the picture of Garbage the band. I did see Brad snap at Dan about his continuing to take the game seriously and be competitive after I guess 3+ hours. I thought Brad was going to punch him.

Crisp is fine. Crunch, to me, says you either burnt them or way under cooked them.

Old Dutch Original Rip-L-Chips are the only exception.

Ah, I meant crisp. Same thing!

:( No love for potato masher dad.

A cake mixer is the electric drill of the kitchen. POWER TOOLS!

Ah, yeah I must have tuned a bit after he stormed off, because Jason was playing when I started watching. I did the picture of Garbage the band. I did see Brad snap at Dan about his continuing to take the game seriously and be competitive after I guess 3+ hours. I thought Brad was going to punch him.

That stream went from wonderful, to horrific, and then back out the other side to wonderful again.

Also, Unprofessional Friday this week definitely benefited from having two Ryckerts. 

Also, Unprofessional Friday this week definitely benefited from having two Ryckerts. 

"I know you know it's fake, I just wish you knew it's stupid."

I leave for a few days and suddenly people are all over potatoes.

You all missed the perfect combination of mashing them to put on top of a shepherd's pie and then putting them in the oven so they can be cooked until crispy.

Also anyone who doesn't like cooking needs to actually engage with making food and try making some simple tasty food. Even just cut up and (optionally) peel chips to stick in the oven with some rosemary on them, they are undoubtedly better than any chips I have ever had anywhere else.

You all missed the perfect combination of mashing them to put on top of a shepherd's pie and then putting them in the oven so they can be cooked until crispy.

And the top of cottage pie (mashed potatoes on top of meat) being crunchy can be primo.

:woohoo:

Oh my god the stereotypes are true

Hey, if there are any other premium subscribers besides Miffy and I on here, you should give Danswers a listen. Dan is way more tolerable when you're reminded that he's actually a pretty cool guy when it comes to shit that's more important than beer and wrestling. It's very humanizing and I'm glad he started it.

Gonna give it a listen on my commute. Ryckert and O'Dwyer have great chemistry.

As for Ryckert, the word I'd use for how he makes me feel is baffled.

I remember when he first showed up my immediate reaction was "for fucks sake, THIS is the guy they got?" after that gross shitstorm. But he's grown on me after a while. Like people have already said his boundless enthusiasm is exactly the booster shot GB needed. I hope that his seemingly bottomless well of energy puts them in a surplus so their next hire can be someone more... cerebral.