Sno

The terrible wallet scourge of the Amiibo.

So far I only have the Village re-issue, but I'm also very charmed about the whole Animal Crossing lineup. They perfectly fit the Amiibo style. Especially Tom Nook is brilliant.

I may have resorted to importing certain amiibos from Japan.

Those things aren't region locked, i guess.

When Australia suffered the amiibo shortages (which we no longer face, shops can't get rid of them fast enough, resorting to do crazy things like 10 amiibo for $100, etc.), shops were importing stock from Japan, so they are definitely not region locked. 

Please consider importing amiibo from Australia, we're drowning in amiibo. (AU$17 is about USD$12-13)

CO5jKrbVEAEE4bi.jpg

Shovel Knight is out today! My local Target had exactly seven, so if you're looking to get it from a brick-and-mortar, I'd get there ASAP.

I got Wooly Yoshi and Isabelle Amiibos for my birthday, now I only need Rosalina.... which costs a fortune... 

Wooly Yoshi seems to function like a normal Yoshi in terms of unlocking things, right?

I've noticed some games seem to be able to tell the Yoshis apart, while others treat them all the same.

Preorders are up for Lucas and the four new Animal Crossing amiibo in the USA!

Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti, Blathers, Celeste, Kicks

Get pumped!

I work at Game (the main game retailer in the UK) and there's no longer an Amiibo shortage. If anything, we're getting too many. We've had so many Dr Marios in we don't know what to do with them! King Dedede is coming in all the time, and I spent £25 on getting one imported from Japan! The main people that seem to buy Amiibo are adults thinking they're like Skylanders for their children. I still get excited whenever new ones come in, and have bought three over the past month, but the general hype around them has died down so much over the year.

Game sells amiibos for like 50% more than anywhere else. No wonder they're overflowing. Nothing against you personally, but fuck Game. That place has been ripping people off forever.

Wolf Link amiibo details are out! Aside the already mentioned "it does stuff in The Next Zelda," it also unlocks a new dungeon in Twilight Princess HD. It's "The Twilight Cave," and I imagine it's something akin to the Savage Labyrinth but with More Puzzles.

If only Nintendo would do more with amiibo! My Toon Link has been getting some use with BotW (I've now got the full Wind Waker outfit👌) and I'm kicking myself for not buying the Ocarina Link when I saw him. I've been looking for the horse one (it would be very handy to just summon a horse when I needed one). I've even considered getting that buttugly wolf one. BotW does some good stuff with them but it could do more. Why not give me Kirby coloured clothes or a Captain Falcon-esque tunic? I've said before that every one should unlock a theme for 3DS, even if it's only a colour scheme. They should get on this with Switch. It's a tiny thing but imagine tapping your Waluigi to the joycon and a splash of purple splurging out across the home screen, coating it like something from Splatoon. It doesn't necessarily need art or animation, just some colour. It would involve minimal effort.

I'm asumimg there'll be a second drive with amiibo when Smash comes out on Switch.