Sno

The terrible wallet scourge of the Amiibo.

I've just preordered Dr Mario and Olimar at Game. Who knows if they'll come through or if George Clooney and Brad Pitt will pull off some job on them. Think I'm just going to preorder the ones I really want from now on and leave any I'm uncertain about to chance. Scouring eBay and making random trips to department stores has lost its appeal.

There's gonna be every Smash Bros. character.

I'm probably not going to try to get any besides the Splatoon ones and the Animal Crossing cards; because as much as I love Olimar, Ness, Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, etc; there's no way in hell I'm willing to fight scalpers for that many of these things.

The Animal Crossing cards will be interesting, because as long as you can find SOME packs in stores it'll mean scalpers aren't guaranteed to have all the rare ones.

Foil Isabelles going for $50,000 Buy it Now on eBay. The world is crumbling. tegan sits on a throne, glancing at a "Nintendo World Championships 2020" stamped foil GracieGrace.

"Where are your packs now, scalpers"

Foil Isabelles going for $50,000 Buy it Now on eBay. The world is crumbling. tegan sits on a throne, glancing at a "Nintendo World Championships 2020" stamped foil GracieGrace.

"Where are your packs now, scalpers"

I have some kind of absurd luck with trading cards. I got three foil rares in the same pack of Pokémon cards one time.

Ct3jbHL.png

This just reminds me that I stopped buying Pokemon cards right before Wizards of the Coast stopped making them so I always do a double take at the more recent cards that look totally different than my entire collection.

Guys. I just found a MegaMan amiibo at Game.com for £20. I'm still sweating. What have you done to me Nintendo?

Also if you want sqidling boy/girl amiibo, there's some in game, if anyone wants one.

besides announcing a few more smash amiibo this morning, which everyone expected, there's also this, leaked:

SI_Amiibo_E3.png

i regret everything leading up to this moment in my life

EEEEE THE LITTLE  ARGYLE SWEATER VEST ON TOM NOOK & THE LITTLE MABEL. DESTROY MY CREDIT CARD NOW, IT'S THE ONLY WAY WE'LL SURVIVE.

gosh i sure hope they don't underestimate the demand for these

again

Not wanting to be premature, but I THINK the supply issues might be coming to an end in Europe. Last week I saw a Little Mac, Villager, Palutena, Gannondorf, Dark Pit, Zero Samus and the rest of that wave in the wild, and I've just seen Marth, Jigglypuff, ROSALINA, Robin, Greninja, Inklings...

Really had to stop myself nabbing Rosalina.

So, my wife really wants a nice Animal Crossing Isabelle figure. Since the Nendroids are going for $100+ these days, I was hoping to score one of the (rumored?) Isabelle Amiibo. Have they been officially announced as thing? I've found articles mentioning them but nothing official from Nintendo. 

Ah man I can't wait.

I got my Yarn Yoshi's a couple of weeks ago:

CIcKFWYWsAAfeZ2.jpg

Already we're having stupid fun with them:

CIqAzleWEAAfQhj.jpg

Seriously these are the best amiibo's to date!

Wave 5B is coming out next week. It's going to be awesome!

I want a yarn yoshi so bad. Is there even a North American release date for that shit yet?

Whenever Yoshi's Wooly World is released, I assume, which I think is October?

I only want one Yoshi you crazy people getting three are crazy.

Seems like NA is getting every Amiibo later than everyone else, these days. Australia already has Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus and whatnot, but we have yet to get Dark Pit and Palutena (coming July 31). Shit's weird, but eh whatever.

So I don't know if this is the same as in the US, but there's been a steady and gradual flow of re-printed amiibo's. Even Rosalinas! If anyone wants me to get you some rare amiibo's, I'll gladly agree. Currently I'm waiting on a Pac-Man Reprint.

Guys, I've over-ordered pacman! If anyone wants a pacman, please PM me. I really don't want to give it to some scrub, or even worse, game, so they can sell it at 1.5x the price.

Reposting myself from the video game Business thread:

A bit of clarification for the Shovel Knight amiibo: it's not being made by Nintendo, it's being made and distributed by Yacht Club Games themselves.  They've basically licensed the right to make an amiibo from Nintendo.  So while it seems unlikely this is a sign of indie characters in Smash or anything like that, it does open the door for third parties to make their own amiibos.

Seems like a smart decision. People love Amiibo. People love Shovel Knight. I'm sure it'll make them a lot of money.

I'd consider getting one if the pose wasn't so lame.