Henroid

Overwatch - That time Blizzard made a non-Diablocraft game.

I might just be a grumpy online gamer, but I get really annoyed when I join a game and someone says "HEY LETS ALL PLAY THE SAME HERO" because I know that 90% of people who suggest that aren't good enough to actually play that character well and just think five Hanzos would be really funny.

I like when it happens organically. When the first person picks McCree, and the second person picks McCree, and then 3 and 4 lock that shit in...

That's the good stuff.

I also wouldn't be super interested in playing a niche role hero like Hanzo, but I would happily play most characters. Btw yes you are a grumpy gamer because the point is it's supposed to be funny. All Roadhog All Mid.

And just because I also went through with capping that play:

this is deffo the best view of that, it was awesome. I didn't really do a ton that match, mostly got killed a bunch by Boodoo.

this is deffo the best view of that, it was awesome. I didn't really do a ton that match, mostly got killed a bunch by Boodoo.

I love the Casual Lucio from that view. I had no idea from where I was he wasn't even really in the play.

update: I am warming a bit to zarya and junkrat having had some (well not a lot, but by my standards) success with them in the random hero mode. still end up as lucio most of the time in the quickplay because often no rando wants to be a healer. I remain terrible with everyone else. Think I still haven't played as Genji, Torbjorn, Rhinehardt, or WInston yet. edit: Wait no that's wrong, Genji I've tried and am terrible with; Hanzo's the one I haven't tried.

I'm working on getting better at mei... haven't really gotten the hang of using the ice block when I should, or positioning of the wall, but I like her a lot.

I still feel like a disproportionate number of the games I play in this are complete stompings, one way or the other. I'd love some close games.

Also, I know that Blizzard says the win rate on attack for Temple of Anubis is about even, but I can't wrap my head around attacking the second point. It feels like the times we do finally break it, we just kinda accidentally roll in and get lucky. Most of the time we can barely touch the point. Worse still is that when I'm defending the second point, I have no clue what to do either. Thankfully the rest of my team usually picks up the slack on that.

Hmm, I feel like the majority of the games are really close ones for me.. There are stompings every once in a while, but most of the time I feel like we're fighting hard to get that last meter of the payload (or defending it at the last meter)

Do you feel like you are getting stomped both when queueing solo and when in a group Dewar?

Hmm, I feel like the majority of the games are really close ones for me.. There are stompings every once in a while, but most of the time I feel like we're fighting hard to get that last meter of the payload (or defending it at the last meter)

That's my experience as well.

I almost always queue in a group, varying sizes 3-6. It's definitely stompings both ways, so not complaining about my skill, more just odd matchmaking.

I'll keep a tally when I'm playing today, maybe it's just my flawed perception.

I feel like the stomping comes far more frequently when I am in a group vs solo queue, whether it's us stomping or the ones being stomped.

I must admit whenever my strategy isn't working I'll always switch to junkrat and blow em all to hell

I had not seen that video and I matched into a game where everyone apparently had because they were all junkrat...so I just rolled with it and we won. Improbably, two matches later I matched into another game where everyone bar one spoilsport holdout (who went soldier 76) went with Pharah and we won that too. It wasn't even the same people. So apparently everyone picking a single character is a just a thing now.

I got completely destroyed by a team of 4 reapers, mercy and zenatta. With one reaper having a healing orb and mercy's damage buff... He was unstoppable.

whats the counter for 4 bloody reapers phasing in and out, I tried everything. I hope when competitive comes out it limits double picks to a maximum of 2.

I got completely destroyed by a team of 4 reapers, mercy and zenatta. With one reaper having a healing orb and mercy's damage buff... He was unstoppable.

whats the counter for 4 bloody reapers phasing in and out, I tried everything. I hope when competitive comes out it limits double picks to a maximum of 2.

Pharah and McCree. Or even Junkrat.

So it looks like they'll be implementing a sort of XP debuff penalty for people who regularly leave games before they're finished (news via Eurogamer and elsewhere).

I think this is...a good idea? Particularly since the currently Weekly Brawl mode with randomly-selected heroes does seem to be attracting quite a lot of ragequitting from people who don't get to play as their favourite in every round, at least on PS4. You could almost argue it's too mild, given that XP is effectively meaningless in terms of loadouts in this game. But I'm not sure what else they could do.

In terms of capping duplicate heroes, my feelings are: eh, I dunno. I like the feeling of having to play the hand I'm dealt in terms of my team mates. And isn't it an option already in custom games? Though of course that relies on you being able to find a custom game with the settings you want which, in the absence of dedicated servers, is a bigger problem entirely...

I didn't play a ton last night, but my team of six had 4 blowouts (2 wins, 2 losses) and 4 close games (1 win, 3 losses.)  We played a mix of regular and brawl.

So it looks like they'll be implementing a sort of XP debuff penalty for people who regularly leave games before they're finished (news via Eurogamer and elsewhere).

This has been in the game since launch. I got it once after a mixture of connection drops, leaving to join a party, and me quitting matches (took me a while to get into this game!). Got the 75% XP cap for about three games. 

Particularly since the currently Weekly Brawl mode with randomly-selected heroes does seem to be attracting quite a lot of ragequitting from people who don't get to play as their favourite in every round

For reals? If you want to pick a character, why even play that mode? does. not. compute.

I'd imagine if they're ragequitting it's because it's a stomp. Sometimes you just get terrible randoms in that. That's part of the fun though.

I suppose I don't really understand quitting in the middle of a game because I'm used to playing LOMAs, in which even if you're having a bad game you have to stick it out for another 20-40 minutes. I'm not saying that's a good thing, and one of the reasons I enjoy Heroes of the Storm is because going down with the ship generally takes 15 minutes rather than 45 (although I do still sometimes play Dota and do that too), but it does definitely make the idea of playing out the last 4 minutes of a bad Overwatch match not seem particularly troubling.

I always stick it out because 1) stomps go fast, so the matches will be over soon 2) gotta get that XP, yo 3) the time to find a game is crazy, you'll spend more time requeueing than it'll take to finish a stompy match.

I also generally find that I mind less when I can attribute a loss to bad rando team comp, because that's just stupidity that I can't really avoid. I get way more salty when my team has nearly perfect comp but we still don't stand a chance.