Twig

Online Tabletop Role-Playing Extravaganza

Link me to what you mean! You could also use a bow and arrow?

I've been going through everyone's sheets sweeping up now, just seeing what else I need. I was too excited to sleep.

I never even got to ask what time works for people. I assume Saturday is OK for you and Korax?

Saturday should work just fine. As for the insane number of feats, it might be easier to just look at the feats in the core rulebook/whatever book has the class you're going for in it when starting out and then taking the time to peruse the other feats once you have a better handle on the mechanics.

I'm actually busy next weekend I'm afraid. I might be able to do Sunday but I can't guarantee it. Saturday's will work otherwise for me.

Anyways for the feat here's a link: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-finesse-combat---final

And then swap out the stats so they look like this: STR: 8 DEX: 14 CON: 12 INT: 8 WIS: 11 CHA:12 That should leave me with a minus 1 to int which means I would no longer know Elvish and need to ditch a skill. So I'll just ditch the crafting skill.

For the hell of it I went and made a custom race based on what I was going for in character creations last week. We don't have to use it as I just did it for fun but I thought I'd post it here for people to look over and maybe give feedback on should you feel like it:

Race Twice-born

The Twice-born are those who having once been an animal and often the companion of a druid, ranger, or some type of magic user have gained both sentience and the ability to shapeshift at will between between a humanoid form and their original form. The Twice-born are so called for the feeling that many share that they were not truly born until they gained their humonoid form, though most Twice-born (And the world at large) are not aware of the existence of others. While not in full control of their shapeshifting abilities in the way a druid or other shifters are, a Twice-born has some basic control of their abilities and often seek to further master their shape changing skills through further study of shapshifting.

Physical Description:
The Twice-born have no real commonality in regards to appearance. They are in humanoid form almost always of a medium build of whatever race is most common in the region they are from be they human, elves, or anything else. Their appearance does not however grant them any traits of these races. The things that do tend to stay consistent between all Twice-born is eyes of either green or blue that seem a bit too bright to be natural, and limbs that are slightly out of proportion lending them a sort of uncanny appearance.

Ability Score Racial Traits: A Twice-born’s ability bonuses depend on its first form. Tiny and small creatures gain +2 to DEX, Medium creatures get +2 to STR. they also gain a +2 to WIS, INT, or CHA depending on the sort of magic that granted them shapeshifting. They also take a -2 to Int but this can be nullified by having gained shapeshifting through magical means that draw power from INT.
Size: Medium
Subtypes: Twice-born are humanoid with the Fey and shapechanger subtypes. Additionally they count as a beast in beast form.
Base speed: 30
Languages: Twice-born begin play speaking Common and Sylvan

Skill Bonus:
Twice-born get a +2 bonus to Survival checks. (RP2)

Magical Racial Traits
Form Shift (RP5): Twice-born can shift between Humanoid and animal form as a standard action. Upon shifting any gear the Twice-born is wearing that can not be worn is cast aside unharmed. This is permanent until the Twice-born changes forms again but does not alter ability scores or at GM’s discretion grant qualification for any wild shape feats. Though the beast form will benefit from them if the Twice-born qualifies for them in any other manner. It does however count as whatever size the base animal is.

Twice-born are not able to speak in animal form unless granted the ability through other means

Senses Racial Traits
Scent (4 RP): Benefit: Members of this race gain the scent ability
Low-Light Vision (1 RP): Benefit: Members of this race can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.

Offensive Traits
Claws (2 RP): The twice-born can manifest a pair of claws granting them two natural attacks in both forms whose damage is based on the size of the Twice-born. This ability may not be used while wearing gloves of any kind.

Weaknesses:

Unconscious Shift (RP-2):
upon being rendered unconscious by means other than sleep (Both natural and magical) the Twice-born is forcibly shifted into its animal form and can not shift back in till conscious again.

Uncanny Form (RP-1):
In Humanoid form the Twice-born suffer a minus -2 to disguise and diplomacy checks due to their odd looks

Still missing a few details and could use some more clarity, and I might change the name to something that does not imply they spend time going door to door telling people the good news but for now I'm happy with it on the whole.

Lookin for a player for a game of The Sprawl to run Wednesday evenings GMT (7pm-ish start)

HMU

Bump!

Would anyone here be interested in playing Dungeon World or Torchbearer over Roll20 sometime?

One shot or campaign? I'm defo up for the former, and potentially up for the latter! We did a one shot at work and it was a goddamn blast.

Actually I've changed my answer, I would strongly prefer doing a one shot. Should I set up a Roll20 game?

Sure I'll commit right now. Let's do somethin'.

oh yeah i guess i should ask like what time zone you're in cause that might cause trouble

i'm cst

Sa-weet, I'll check that out tomorrow when I'm not about to sleep!

Specifically it says "Not Authorized".

I joined the group, let's see how this goes.

So I know we have a few DMs here who use Roll20 - do you guys have any tips to make Roll20 easier to use?

I'm running a pretty improv heavy 5e game and it's sometimes difficult to get things to go smoothly. When I have time to set up set piece encounters with nice maps and tokens it's great, but sometimes it just feels pretty clunky. I've been trying to incorporate more Theater of the Mind into my game but figured I'd check in with the experts.