Twig

Online Tabletop Role-Playing Extravaganza

I just got the 5e books and I'm itching to play - is there a game I can jump into, or is anyone interested in starting a new one?

I'm not sure about rather any games are running (reading this thread it sounds like maybe?) but I'd be down for starting one. Either as a player or DM but if you want me to dm I'll need a month or so to get the DM's guide and figure out how to do that sort of thing, as I've never done it before.

The other option is that over on Gamers With Jobs we have an ongoing game with a drop in drop out structure you can check out over here, though it's more in need of DMs then players right now.

I've actually used The Power of Twitter to summon some folks to try out roll20 with me as I DM my way through the 5e starter set, which will probably keep me busy as far as tabletop gaming goes for the next few months. D:

I'm kicking the tires on roll20 and while I think it's a very neat application, I find the interface to be very, very counterintuitive. 

Yeah my one experience with roll 20 is that it's really useful and also a real mess.

And as for you already having a game that's fine, I saw you tweet that but thought it was like two weeks ago so I wasn't sure you'd had any luck and thought I'd volunteer.

Both of the games that recently came out of this thread are on hiatus for various reasons, so if someone wants to try to put something new together, there's definitely room for it.

I can't make a long-term commitment but I'd be interested in a one-shot.

I can't make a long-term commitment but I'd be interested in a one-shot.

Nice! Any specific system in mind?

As a player I don't care.

As a GM, I've got a sandbox D&D 5E adventure, a Numenera dungeon crawl, a robot apocalypse in Eclipse Phase, and a GUMSHOE/Trail of Cthulhu adventure set in Fallen London/Sunless Sea. I'd provide characters to ensure we can get right into it.

As a player I don't care.

As a GM, I've got a sandbox D&D 5E adventure, a Numenera dungeon crawl, a robot apocalypse in Eclipse Phase, and a GUMSHOE/Trail of Cthulhu adventure set in Fallen London/Sunless Sea. I'd provide characters to ensure we can get right into it.

I wouldn't mind a one shot with you at the helm if you're keen, you are a great DM!

I'm interested in giving it another go depending on how the time zones work out.

Hahaha, what the hell happened?

I'm guessing it was just that Reyturner got busy and wasn't able to do it any more.

So, were people going to post their preferences for what they were going to play, or were we going to leave this discussion here?

a GUMSHOE/Trail of Cthulhu adventure set in Fallen London/Sunless Sea

I have not been involved with this thread up to this point, but I just noticed the words "Trail of Cthulhu" and "Fallen London" in the same sentence, and I want to go to there. Am I too late, or can I join the tabletop club?

I'm honestly open to playing anything, I have a very good grasp on the 5e system, but wouldn't mind playing something new!

Also times, I guess. I can do most days from 6am GMT to about 12pm GMT, and on Fridays and Saturdays let's say midnight GMT to midday GMT. That might be tricky to work around.

Also times, I guess. I can do most days from 6am GMT to about 12pm GMT, and on Fridays and Saturdays let's say midnight GMT to midday GMT. That might be tricky to work around.

Within those bounds, I'd be available for a session sometime between midnight and about 0700 GMT on weekends. As far as systems go I'm familiar with 5e and Apocalypse World, but open to trying something new.

It looks like we've got, at most, three people, which I don't think is enough to run a game at this rate.