Twig

Online Tabletop Role-Playing Extravaganza

i'll take a look tonight. 

I'll be rolling thefncrow's wizard as well (assuming he's still in). 

I feel like a grumpy rube, but the linked players manuals don't have tables of contents. Only the baby abridged version, and it doesn't have all the fiddly parts.

It looks like there's a fan-made table of contents for the main player manual. Hope that helps a bit.

I understand most of the things on the character sheet, I just don't necessarily know how to fill them out. I feel like a grumpy rube, but the linked players manuals don't have tables of contents. Only the baby abridged version, and it doesn't have all the fiddly parts. I'm going to link my character sheet and just plead for help when I get home.

So what you want to do:

- Roll your 6 stats ( roll 4d6 for each and drop the lowest number), check with the DM and see if you re-roll anything lower than a 9 or 10

- Figure out race and class

- determine what you want your stats to be (put your rolled numbers into strength, Constitution, etc)

- Determine your modifier for your stats

- Add racial and class bonuses to stats and see which saving throw/skills you are proficient in

- Your Initiative is your DEX modifier, your speed is a race thing, your passive perception is 10+WIS bonus

- You have 1 hit dice at level one (to spend for healing during short rests

- Your proficiency at level 1 is +2

- you determine your starting hit points by doing your max hit dice roll + your CON modifier

- Your AC is determined by your equipment

- You can use the equipment and weapon they give you or roll for your starting gold and choose your own stuff

- Choose a background and roll for traits, ideals and flaws, add any bonuses/equipment it gives you

- Come up with a back-story you find interesting, and maybe include your traits/flaws/ideals.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, I think we are also friends on Steam. 

What stats you prioritise depends on what class you pick. If you let me know, I can pull out the book and give you some solid pointers so long as you don't do it in the next 8 or so hours while I'm sleeping. Otherwise someone else will likely beat me to it.

Shit, the next thingie is tomorrow, isn't it? Folks I'm sorry, I'm not going to be available. I am thinking maybe I should remove myself from the conversation. I was kinda sandbagging the character creation, and I'm missing the first two sessions. I was interested but I think Fridays just don't work. My bad. :/

That's cool.

I think I'm going to need to postpone tomorrow's session. Work has eaten into my prep time this week.

Are you guys available next Friday or do we need to wait 2 weeks?

May 1st doesn't work for me, for D&D, at least.

Hey guys, 

May 8th, 8pm PST

We'll be using roll20.net to facilitate the play. If you're able, setup an account and check out the youtube tutorial on how to use it. 

See you then! 

That reminds me: my Numenera game could do with some new players. We've lost one player, and I think I can handle a fifth player without it descending into chaos, so if there's more than one player who wants to play, that'd be good.

Just got my roll20 account setup and should be ready to go.

I've pm'd you the link to the roll20 session.

Just putting it out there again: if you can play at around this time two weeks from now, you're welcome to join out Numenera game.

We never did. I've been really busy. My next Friday that I can play is the 12th. 

We have some space in our Numenera game tonight, come join us! The system is really easy to learn.

Hey guys, when should we get back together?  I'll roll a new guy, but I'm kinda booked solid until at least July 3.  Feel free to have a session without me (since I need a new character anyway), but I'd like to keep going on this. 

Hey guys. I need to cancel again. My schedule has been really volatile.

I think I'm going to have to just call this campaign on hold for now

I'm really sorry for the late notice.

So my Numenera game doesn't have enough players, so that's on hold as well, so I might be able to take over Reyturner's game while he's busy and if players are still interested/available. I can make the time you guys normally played at, so that's not a worry.