Twig

Online Tabletop Role-Playing Extravaganza

Hah you will be great! Most of my problems stem from the random players I am playing with. If Cyrix, Korax and Twig are any indication we have a bunch of fun players here. 

*extravagantly shrugs*

that was my favorite thing i did

Hey guys,

I may not be able to run the game this Friday. I'm still firming up what my family is doing for my mum's birthday, but it looks like it'll involve Saturday, which is when I normally run it. I'll be sure to update you one way or the other, but we may need to reschedule for the 26th, or, more likely, next year.

Always the risk over the holiday period, unfortunately, hopefully people are still keen to come back to the game.

Haha yeah the holidays. I wouldn't be able to do the 26th. I'll be out of town. Probably next year it is! It's no big.

No worried Merus, family first!

So just a heads up, I will be out of the country (off to New Zealand) from Dec 19th - Jan 13th, if you guys play before the 13th feel free to have of the guys play my character (or hell maybe someone who wants to join us can run it and then roll up their own when I get back.)

No worries merus! might be kinda nice not to have a standing appointment during the stress of the holidays. :)

Has anyone tried finding any other online groups?

Really interested in trying this out, but not sure where to find people to play with except maybe reddit, but those people scare me.

I dont know about merus and the others, but I would have no problem with you joining our Numenera game when it picks back up.

Also Rey was talking about starting his 5th edition game soon as well i think.

Reddit can be scary, and certain boards are really bad, but my guess is that tabletop rpg stuff is probably pretty ok. I can't say for certain though.

Thanks, but I'm not sure if my time-zone matches yours well enough as most of you guys are in the Americas I believe?

Yeah, Reddit has obviously good people too. Any community that grows that large is going to have all kinds. However, as I'm not really familiar with it besides some of the stuff that leaks out from time to time I'm not really sure what to expect from its users.

I actually ended up purchasing the Numenera book as well as the Dungeon World book in the Drivethru-RPG sale that is running now. So! If there are any Euro-thumbs that want to play or if I can join you guys (time-zones allowing) I'd definitely be up for it!

I am also interested in doing some role-playing stuff. Maybe if there's enough people we could get a second game going?

Oh man, that was a great game. Thanks to my players for finding ways to make a mechanical puzzle potentially lethal, and falling into nearly all of my traps. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Yeah last night's game was a whole lot of fun! Especially when Tim just pushed Niv right off that platform... I don't think I've ever had a player just do something like that to me in a game before, so I was just laughing like "what is happening". That was great! Also I love the intrusions. It makes the game so interesting.

I actually ended up purchasing the Numenera book as well as the Dungeon World book in the Drivethru-RPG sale that is running now. So! If there are any Euro-thumbs that want to play or if I can join you guys (time-zones allowing) I'd definitely be up for it!

Well, we play at 8pm CST, which would be... 3am for you (if you're in Sweden as your forum profile says). So I don't think it would work out, unless you're regularly awake that early on a Saturday. ):

I am also interested in doing some role-playing stuff. Maybe if there's enough people we could get a second game going?

At some point there was supposed to be a second game going! I don't know what happened to that, though. We've mostly kept to our group PM conversation, so it's possible Reyturner's group is doing the same?

Well, if anybody's listening, I would be interested in joining a second game!

Well, we play at 8pm CST, which would be... 3am for you (if you're in Sweden as your forum profile says). So I don't think it would work out, unless you're regularly awake that early on a Saturday. ):

Haha, that's just a tad too early in the morning for me :)

If another group is looking for players and is playing at a time that fits a little better I'm definitely up for it!

Yeah last night's game was a whole lot of fun! Especially when Tim just pushed Niv right off that platform... I don't think I've ever had a player just do something like that to me in a game before, so I was just laughing like "what is happening". That was great! Also I love the intrusions. It makes the game so interesting.

Tim was merely trying to assist you in your rescue of our trapped comrade below. :P

Glad i could be the element of chaos in the group. :)

Haha yeah. Everything that happened in the cave was so good, I sorta wish we had a recording of it.

"Oh I forgot I can just phase out."

I train-surfed for a brief moment. It was beautiful. I'm beautiful!

I have a few beats written down, but I'm at work and can't access it at the moment.

So I started DMing a 5e campaign for my friends who were interested in DnD but never played. We jave started through the starter set adventure to get them familiar and man that is a pretty good entry to DnD. Starts off with maybe a bit too much combat, but it ends up opening up at a certain spot. It's been pretty interesting as DM because there is a lot of opportunity to add your own small stuff in there.

This is the first time really DMIng  and it has gone OK.

Back in days of yore (November), I was going to run a game for some thumbs but work got in the way.

It looks like my schedule is starting to clear up. Is anyone still interested?

5e. Biweekly Fridays. 8pm PST

Hello, the GB discussion of their D&D campaign directed me over here. I don't know if this is something I will be able to do, but at least consider this an expression of interest if I need to be poked and prodded to participate.

I'm still good to fill out a group if the party would be too small, but don't be hesitant to tell me to fuck off if there are enough other people willing to play.

Similarly, I've never actually played D&D before, but after listening to The Adventure Zone, watching some of GB (although I still haven't watched GB episode 2 yet), and listening to some Nerd Poker before, I've got this itch that's made me actually want to, so if a group ends up forming and you don't mind a newcomer, I'd love to play.

I can't play, unfortunately, but I'm pleased that we'll have a 5e D&D game going. It's a really good version.