Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Crikey, It's Christmas (2014)!

For Christmas I got:

the new Robocop and Firefly coffee-table-book companions, both of which are nice but a little shallow, especially the Robo one which spends almost as much time on the reboot as the original and smacks of promotional release paying lip service to the franchise as a whole.

South Park seasons 1 - 16

Seinfeld 4-9 (I already had the first three)

Wayne's World 2 and the Blue Is The Warmest Colour graphic novel (which the film was based on) - neither of which I asked for or much enjoyed!

Sweeeeet.

I got Shadow of Mordor, Farcry 4, and Sunset Overdrive.

I always pick some games that I really want to play and then decide not to get them so that when people ask me "what do you want" I can easily answer that.  If people don't ask and just get me stuff I'm fine with that too, but people always ask...and I figure having an answer prepared (and I generally know what people are wanting to spend so I take that into account) makes it easier for them.  Usually its my brother and my parents asking.  My brother and my mom aren't too hard to shop for, but my dad is nearly impossible some years.  This year wasn't too bad because he'd been talking about getting a wedge pillow like I have (and my mom has) for acid reflux (and in his case snoring as well I guess, as he mentioned that too)...so that was pretty easy to figure out.  Shopping this year was actually pretty simple and I didn't mind it (it was all on Amazon save for the stuff for my little cousins (bunch of Lego stuff) that Fedex lost or shipped to the wrong place initially...so we ended up getting them stuff locally at the last moment (normally I avoid shopping anywhere in person at any place other than a grocery store or what-have-you after Thanksgiving unless its at odd hours where you won't encounter crowds and long lines).

I have stopped asking for video games since my teen years. I have so little time to play them most of the time that they sit on a shelf and I just feel guilty. At least when I buy a thing and don't get around to play it I'm only feeling guilty of wasting my own money. Instead, I keep a list of board games. Got King of New York, and expansions for Legendary and Dominion this year. Also, my stepdad gifted me Shadow of Mordor the day it was cheap on Steam. That game is pretty good.

Oh, I forgot my cyber-presents! I got the Deponia adventures and Wolfenstein New Order!

Christmas-Balbinka-l.jpg

Christmas-l.jpg

Christmas-Comes-to-Fife-Ferret-Rescue-l.

Here's my family's gingerbread depiction of Russia invading Ukraine, lead by Putin riding a tiger -

hnJ0hUKl.jpg

P8Qwtbsl.jpg

goUJGtml.jpg

xEanQkkl.jpg

Okay, that's the 12 days, and therefore Xmas 2014, over! We could probably stretch it to the 6th Jan but as we started before the 25th Dec I think that would be just a little bit too much Christmas.

A3pZL76.jpg

EX-MAS, MORE LIKE.

This city has taken down their Christmas decorations

BUt I haven't! It was around May last year when i did.

Cambridge seems to have put theirs up for 2015 already, and lots of private residences have followed suit!

I meant the city in my avatar, I'm making an ice cream Christmas pudding tomorrow. Might even try for a gingerbread house!