Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Crikey, It's Christmas (2014)!

Ugh, I'm bored of Christmas now. It's been going on for a month already and we've still got over 5 weeks more of it to go.

That's how I feel every year. 

Can we start getting ready for Christmas 2015 then instead?

This came in the mail.

I hope they're offering a Turkey & Stuffing pizza.

Oh they sent you a pizza

or at least the raw ingredients for one of their pizza bases

It came with a voucher for 5 dollars off my next pizza. They really care about me.

Can we start getting ready for Christmas 2015 then instead?

That's not what we're already doing?

Ha!  "Hey grandma, lets watch a movie!"

I actually rewatched that this year, for the first time since its theatrical release.  I remember hating it walking out of the theater.  I still think it is the worst Kubrick movie, but I have to admit that I enjoyed it a lot more now vs then. 

Perhaps I'm totally lame, but for me the Christmas season really starts in earnest with my family's annual visit to the Swedish Church in London for Sankta Lucia, which we did on Saturday. Here's a clip someone else recorded of one of last year's services:

Then on Sunday we had an early pretend Christmas for my nine-year-old nephew, because he'll be in Australia for actual Christmas with some of his dad's family. It was a nice day, but it wasn't the same as real Christmas, and I'll miss him when that comes around. He's usually my assistant gift distributor. I'm still pretty excited, though.

My actual Christmas is coming this weekend! My immediate family is so large that half my siblings need to spend Christmas day with their spouse's family/with their own children. So we just divert to a weekend earlier. Also this year marks a year where I've visited my parents so much less than normal that the prospect of getting to go home is actual something I'm looking forward to, rather than a routine appearance to see them.

...I should probably go do my shopping soon.

My sister-in-law got me a membership to a Salsa of the Month club. 

THIS IS AN AMAZING GIFT!  Seriously, I fucking love salsa.

I came up with a dumb Christmas joke, and this seemed like a good place to put it.

"Spicyness is measured on the Scoville scale, what is peppermintyness measured on?"

The Whoville scale

I should not be as proud of this joke as I am.

That actually reminded me that we're supposed to do silly Christmas jumpers at work tomorrow. Thank you for the valuable public service.

I don't get it.

Whoville, like from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Unless that wasn't the part you didn't get? I never claimed it was a good joke.

Also, I stuck some Christmas lights inside my already sweet Santa hat and it is immensely festive:

5orbM2Q.png

Whoville, like from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Oh, right. That completely passed me by, that's not a particularly well-known story here. We do, however, know Green Eggs and Ham and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

I decided to do a dumb Christmas avatar this year, but now I'm thinking that someone has already used the

GIRP guy

on that background.