Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Crikey, It's Christmas (2014)!

Yep, love it. Are you au fait enough with both the theatrical and director's cut to have a preference?

Ah, that's tricky. I suppose I'd have to go with the theatrical cut, because I prefer that ending. The director's cut is really good in some parts, especially with removing that useless voice over, but I hate how Zwigoff removed a bunch of scenes just for the sake of the flow of the movie, which was already short in my opinion.

We usually just watch the "unrated" one that's on the blu-ray because it has a lot of the scenes we love from the theatrical cut, but the downside is it also includes a lot of worthless and unfunny scenes and kind of makes the movie drag in general. I would have preferred they just put the theatrical cut on the blu-ray and just put all of the unrated stuff as deleted scenes.

You can't get the theatrical cut on blu-ray? That sucks. Sounds like it needs a fan-edit!

Here are the animated avatars (not allowed on these forums, sadly) that Mash did for me and Dan:

XmasBen2x2.gifXmasDan.gif

Oh I suppose that's possible. Well whatever everyone animate the shit out of their avatars. The great gif rebellion.

I tried to use a gif ages ago and it didn't work and wasn't listed in the allowed file formats. Have they been allowed since then, or was I being a wally?

EDIT: well, that was easy so it must have not been allowed last Christmas or something.

I also tried gif once. I assume whenever that big forum update was enabled 'em.

The blood is on your hands, gerbil.

I did a quick edit of an old modified avatar I had of Ludwig von Koopa cosplaying as some dude with a beard.

So now he's Santa.

(This is a dangerous thing that's happening.)

Okay fine, I joined in!

You can't get the theatrical cut on blu-ray? That sucks. Sounds like it needs a fan-edit!

Yeah it's just not the same without the advent calendar parts.

Dr. Octoroc's 8-Bit Jesus has been my go to album for chip tuny Christmas goodness.

Oh man I googled christmas cats and I was not dissapointed:

edit: stupid gifs don't work for me! I found this and thought it was hilarious:

tumblr_inline_n1wlxcYGlm1r2b7a1.gif

A song about friends, specifically Wham!, getting back together for Xmas:

Oh man I googled christmas cats and I was not dissapointed:

Jingle Cats is crazy - They have an entire album of Christmas songs. I bought it for an ex-girlfriend a few years back and she insisted on having it on loop for most of Christmas day.