taterdactyl

A Dota Engagement

I'll try to keep this short and sweet (sans mushy gushy stuff), but I thought this was too good not to share.

Rob and I have been dating for 2 years now, and our anniversary was this past Wednesday. That Wednesday happened to fall during our 4-day cruise to the Bahamas. I wasn't expecting a proposal, but knew it was a possibility. I just didn't think he'd be slick enough to keep me from figuring it out.

8j2RVHul.jpg

*Cruise Selfie*

Rob and I are huge Dota 2 fans and have played 1000+ hours together over the past year. So it was only fitting that when he did propose, he would use two of our favorite lords, Shadow Shaman and Death Prophet, to help him out. 

pw2I1Sal.jpg

*I love that the artist did a more ladylike version of DP, with my fav DP hair of course*

He commissioned this piece from a local artist (Mark Parris of Louisville, KY) and brought it with him on the cruise. On the last night, also our anniversary, we went to a quiet spot on the boat and he gave me this gift. I was a bit confused at first, not wanting to think into it too much and look like an idiot when it turned out to be just a cool painting and nothing else, haha. But then he got down on one knee, and boom, engaged. 

JBc0Ztll.jpg

So I thought he deserved some praise for this cool idea and wanted to share it with others who might also appreciate it. Now to find a place to hang it...

Congratulations! Rob seems like a rad dude, I wish I was more romantic with my now wife during our engagement.

Hey, congratulations on the engagement... with the game DOTA 2! :-)

Seriously though, wishing you both much happiness!

Congrats:)

If ye can survive 1000 hours of dota, ye can survive anything!

Congratulations! Rob seems like a rad dude, I wish I was more romantic with my now wife during our engagement.

"I hear ya like ham, so here is an engagement ham"

Congratulations!  Please contact Captain Invictus for thousands of inflatable donkey courier balloons to use for the wedding reception.

Thanks guys! And yes, 100% nerds lol. 

Also just realized this should be A Dota Proposal, not engagement, but close enough! :)

That is an excellent proposal - every time you look at that picture you'll remember it!

I hope if and when I propose to someone I will come up with something as cool.

Demanding pictures of your Death Prophet wedding dress

Man that would be cool as shit

I think that's my favorite part - having the painting to remind me every time I look at it. He really outdid himself. I also wanted to post a picture of the sketch he got from the artist. You lose some of the detail in the painted version. Thankfully he didn't go with the fat monster hands on DP though lol.

vibCrcb.jpg

And I must admit, a Death Prophet dress would be pretty bad ass. Even people who don't know who she is have been requesting skulls on the wedding dress, haha.

Thanks once again for all the well wishes and whatnot.