antikewl

#DRIVECLUB

I have no idea if anyone else is playing this, or able to get onto their servers, but I've created a Driveclub club (a Drive/club/?) called "idlethumbs" if anyone wants to join.

There were no sweet thumbs-related logos available so I chose a raccoon in a trucker's hat. Also, it wouldn't let me change the club livery so that's been left as the default for now.

Well, I guess that didn't work! If anyone else wants to try to make one, perhaps when the servers are feeling a bit better, feel free.

I've been playing for a bit and it seems that the best way to get ahead in a race is to play it like bumper cars on the corners until you're ahead and then just steam it through the rest of the track. I'm pretty sure this isn't how they intended for it to be played. In fact, the conservative "COLLISION DETECTION" penalties pretty much tell me that it's not.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to win a race properly?

The hardest past is just having the space to pass in most instances I find myself in. The tracks are often narrow and the opposition tend to bunch up quite rightly. I try to do it clean but I'm not averse to sliding gracelessly alongside someone's ride to get a better angle of exit myself.

I actually really like the simple act of racing in this, it feels nice and fast and drafting behind a dude to casually slip by on the inside is always a wee thrill. It's a shame about the inconsistency of the penalties then, and how bad the AI is, and worst of all the rubber banding which is Mario Kart levels of obvious. I hope they fix this once they fix the everything else.

I've stopped playing for the time being as I haven't been able to browse clubs yet and at level 17 it feels like I'm wasting all this xp but when they come back up I'll have a look for yours.

Seems as though the PS+ free version still isn't available (just checked the web PSN site). Last i read it was supposed to be released today

I can't even find it on the store now like they've removed it entirely, before you could get to it but would give you a funny error message if you attempted to download

I would be surprised if you see that before November at this point. The online doesn't work for those who bought it, they probably don't want to add another several million players on top of that for a while.

Seems as though the PS+ free version still isn't available (just checked the web PSN site). Last i read it was supposed to be released today

I can't even find it on the store now like they've removed it entirely, before you could get to it but would give you a funny error message if you attempted to download

Yeah, I'm playing the full version. It's still up on the store

They just announced on Facebook that they're performing a server update in the next 24 hours and expect to start turning on more of the online features after that. I've definitely noticed an improvement over the last day or so, in that it actually connects sometimes now.

Also, weird that they chose to give the India tracks away with PS+ as they're definitely the least good looking. It wasn't until I saw the Scotland tracks (that you won't see if you have the free PS+ version) that it started to live up to its visual hype.

How is Driveclub in general? Do you feel you got your money's worth? I've spotted it going for real cheap physical, but its sudden absence from the PSN store makes me worry that it's still a broken mess.

It's still in the store. At least, it's there if I click that link above.

Definitely worth a £20 though. I've stopped playing for now purely because I found out that I'm absolutely AWFUL at it. I have quite a few friends playing and sharing challenges, all of which I fail to beat. It's definitely me.

I thought it was in the store, but the free PS+ version wasn't?

It's crazy that they got to the point where reviewers got copies of the PS+ one to play before they decided to delay it indefinitely.

The only thing on the PSN store for me is the upgrade to full edition from PS+ edition. So essentially nothing. 

The only thing on the PSN store for me is the upgrade to full edition from PS+ edition. So essentially nothing. 

Try waiting about 30 seconds. The web store seems to be really slow at the moment and "buy" buttons seem to load in last after what seems like an age.

Incidentally, getting PSN credit from cdkeys and waiting for the 10% off code tomorrow will save you another £3+.

It isn't really an upgrade as it doesn't require the PS+ Edition, it's just the full game at a discounted price. That's why the regular listing isn't available to you as a Plus member, the Store's stopping you from accidentally paying full price.

Try waiting about 30 seconds. The web store seems to be really slow at the moment and "buy" buttons seem to load in last after what seems like an age.

Incidentally, getting PSN credit from cdkeys and waiting for the 10% off code tomorrow will save you another £3+.

I was thinking of just getting the Destiny expansion instead. Do the codes get given out on Friday? I've heard about them, but have no idea where to get the discount code.

It isn't really an upgrade as it doesn't require the PS+ Edition, it's just the full game at a discounted price. That's why the regular listing isn't available to you as a Plus member, the Store's stopping you from accidentally paying full price.

That's a pretty dumb way to do it. So essentially PS+ members get the full game for £20 rather than £50. That's an incredibly good deal.

That's a pretty dumb way to do it. So essentially PS+ members get the full game for £20 rather than £50. That's an incredibly good deal.

Yeah, I guess that by now every PS+ member should have had a free copy of Driveclub Plus Edition™ and the "Upgrade" terminology would have made sense.