Sign in to follow this  
Bjorn

No tropical fruit left behind - Kickstarter

I'm semi convinced that someone from the thumbs forums has to be responsible for this. 

No ********* Left Behind

One day, an evil wizard shows up to a school and turns all of the children into *********s. *********s are very simple. All they do is take tests and get grades. If they get good grades, the school gets more money. But if left unattended, *********s can turn back into children! Children are way more complicated, and have needs and feelings. They are much harder to deal with. You are the principal. Your job is to run the school.

ahahaha i haven't clicked the link yet but i just gotta say this is the best coincidence

NICE CATCH BJORN

OKAY I CLICKED THE LINK

what in the hell is this game

i need it??

VIDEO GAMES

I'm ridiculously self-satisfied with stumbling across this, not gonna lie. 

Also, yeah, it looks like a game with some surprising potential.

That charmed me more and more as I went down the page. Backed, and I hope they have  alate rush and make it.

I love the reason why they're pineapples: because of a particularly stupid reading comprehension  question in a standardised test that involved a pineapple challenging a hare to a race.

How do I put this? I like the idea for the game mechanics and design, but the conceptual foundation of pine-apples and school doesn't do anything for me? 

I'd think I'd be more on board if they just played this straight with children in school. Though I know that would lose a lot of it's uniqueness and appeal for some people.

edit: *********s get censored? awesome.

I feel like the pineapples are kind of the point: they take standardised tests and are therefore the ideal students, but kids are infinitely more interesting and rewarding but that's not what the tests allow for.

Yeah, I'd agree with Merus.  The structure of the game is that you can have average performing fruit who are easy to manage or children who may excel or fail, but are harder to manage.  You could substitute robots or use drugs to modify kids behavior instead of *********s, but honestly the absurdity of using fruit feels more appropriate to me than going with robots or drugs.  Either of those is getting a bit too dark. 

I just like that the teachers puke out spells onto the chalkboards in order to teach said pineapples.

I feel like the *********s are kind of the point: they take standardised tests and are therefore the ideal students, but kids are infinitely more interesting and rewarding but that's not what the tests allow for.

Yeah I get the joke, but the subtext is more interesting than the quirkiness of the joke.

The idea is clearly satire, so I'd rather see it taken at face value.