Smart Jason

Original Songs in Games

Oh man, that Double Dragon Neon soundtrack pretty much needs a song per post in this thread.

This piece of 80s cheese in the first level is probably my favorite in the game.

If I recall the singer is one of the artists at Wayforward.

The first thing that sprang to mind for me was the Poet and the Muse, as mentioned above... it's actually a key part of what's going on. Their music plays another vital part another time where

you end up on one of their old sound stages, blaring out their song and setting off pyrotechnics... remember that flares are basically grenades to the monsters

Another song that sticks out is Anna from Device 6. In context it is way more creepy and sinister, believe it or not :P

The OP talks about how singing themes can bring back memories of great TV series from the past. This  isn't an original song, but I can't hear that Two Steps From Hell song that was everywhere a few years back without thinking of the fantastic Mass Effect 2 trailer where I heard it first, and of the great time I had with the game

Ooh speaking of Mass Effect (and going onto a new post so I can fit another video in, one of my favourite moments from the whole Mass Effect series was the first approach to the citadel, which was a spectacle and was also wonderfully scored.

and going onto a new post so I can fit another video in

I learned in the process of making my mega-post that you can include 4 videos instead of 2 if you wrap them in [media] tags.

Also, with unusually great timing, virt just released a full length version of the Weapons Up jingle from Double Dragon Neon, and looks to be working on extended versions of the remaining songs.