Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Episode 278: Troy Goodfellow Simulator 2014

Kotaku's Patricia Hernandez and Eurogamer's Paul Dean join Troy "Morris Windsor" Goodfellow to talk about the latest installment in the Sims Franchise. Discussion abounds regarding pools, toddlers, and having a pint with Death down in the local.

Read Paul's review here.

Perhaps EA saw that Sims can't compete with Crusader Kings 2 in quantity of DC. The battle was lost before it begun.

I would definitely if Rob and Troy just don't like fantasy games. Age of Wonders 3 add on and Endless Legend went gold. Time to talk about Sims!

Very good episode! While I haven´t played the The Sims 4, at least playing the previous titles (which I did all of them), I do felt the same about how after a while I does feel that overcome the initial issue of limited resources don´t take much time. Still I can understand that on ground of avoiding excessive micromanagement, that would limit the player on what could be created or expressed. Other thing I did found is how at least on The Sims 3 (at least I could remember, could be wrong) the world, since you could not visit the neighbors and public shared spaces, felt more alive and natural. Before that wasn´t hard to just create a empty box filled with sims to interact with your main sims (since you wouldn´t see the inside anyway).

I'm afraid I'm one of those people who likes many strategy games but just can't pull together any enthusiasm for The Sims.  It made a fine podcast topic, though; just because I'm not into playing the game doesn't mean it isn't interesting to listen to people who are discussing it.