http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/07/us-usa-pumpkin-shortage-idUSKCN0S122S20151007

primarily it's a result of the weather in Illinois this summer. carving pumpkins didn't get hit as hard as pie pumpkins, but it was a soggy summer that ended in a reduced crop.

on a related note, i just now realized that pumpkin patches aren't a thing people go to really other places!

Oh hey, I forgot to post this:

NvxMarW.png

It isn't my best work, but people seem to like it anyway.

it's supposed to be this if you can't tell

FIk47bc.png

Decided to go as a classic D&D-style mimic this year. It turned out pretty well! Given more time, I would've liked to have dressed up like an adventurer from the waist up and slip the box around my waist, so it would look like I was being eaten. 
12188247_708466201719_903270978894076165

I did a Space Engineer / Chief of Maintenance thing inspired by Harry Dean Stanton in Alien. Ended up going to Shibuya after a party in Ebisu and it was pure chaos. Drunken party goers consumed Shibuya and essentially turned it into New York City for a night. Halloween has only really existed in Japan for a few years now (3?) and it kinda seems like Japan is still getting a feel for what it is. Apart from home made stuff and regular cosplay all the costumes seem to have come from Don Quixote. Infinite Marios roamed the street. Countless zombie nurses move in gaggles and groups. A surprisingly large number of Tenga stumbled around in their oversized body suits. Also of note, group costumes were the rule, not the exception. Not group as in "Lets go as a collection of characters from X" but "We will all be the same thing". It was like the gang meeting scene in The Warriors out there.

12208828_10154094730456564_6960388111626

12187891_10154090326121564_6792517348299

CSrm3TJWsAAo8I2.jpg

two people accused me of being in the KKK  :sad:

Aww that sucks, it's a great costume.

I LOVE the gone home original sound track!

Dredging this thread up one more time since my Halloween movie night was on Saturday.

Reposessed is a very bad movie, but it was just what we needed after watching The Exorcist.

Also, Keep Talking and No One Explodes is a great way to open a party, but probably not the best way to close it :)

Dredging this thread up another one more time, because I watched Return To Oz the other night and it struck me as a good Halloween movie for three reasons: a) it's scary as fuck, obviously, sunglasses) it's set in the run up to Halloween (1899), and c) Henry Selick worked on it and it has a character named Jack Pumpkinhead so it makes a good companion film to Nightmare Before Christmas.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mkv5scHvxu1s5e6p5o1_500.gif

I made a playlist of SPOOPY level themes!

If anybody know any good spoopy level themes I should add, please tell me! :3

Only three weeks of Halloween thread this year! Pretty good! I'll quote my out-of-season post in celebration:

Dredging this thread up another one more time, because I watched Return To Oz the other night and it struck me as a good Halloween movie for three reasons: a) it's scary as fuck, obviously, sunglasses) it's set in the run up to Halloween (1899), and c) Henry Selick worked on it and it has a character named Jack Pumpkinhead so it makes a good companion film to Nightmare Before Christmas.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mkv5scHvxu1s5e6p5o1_500.gif

I've got a nice ruffled shirt and velvet cape that I'm putting together into a Shakespearean kind of thing, and I'm getting a private room at a gamer bar near here so that I can do my party right again. It's been a few years since I've been able to throw a really big bash. 

After I posted this pic last year people told me I should dress up as Matt Smith's version of the Doctor for Halloween:

sESHkdtm.jpg

Truth is I'm too lazy to put together a costume!  :D

Yo, wear some pyjamas and get a little screw driver and you're Dr Who on a day off.

On 10/16/2016 at 11:31 PM, Spenny said:

Yo, wear some pyjamas and get a little screw driver and you're Dr Who on a day off.

I thought about just buying a fez and being lazy...but I'm too lazy for even that B)

Wow, Hausu is the BEST Halloween movie that I watched today, how can you even top such a crazy movie! I LOVE IT!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just now, YoThatLimp said:

Congrats on finishing it, You had some straight up body horror in it!

Yeah, it was interesting to me that I seemed to go into that direction when trying to fill all those tiles with stories. Body horror and self deprecation.

What's everyone dressing up as for halloween this year? I'm trying to think of a few ideas but having a hard time thinking about something cheap and clever.