Oh hey, Gregory Horror Show. I've wanted to play that for a while.

That LPer is fucking awful though.

I have that game and from the Let's Play I've seen of Illbleed, Illbleed is the better game. 

That's probably true.

My continued interest in Michigan is mostly:

- It's a Suda51 game! He's weird!

- The conceit is theoretically interesting (see also Dead Rising, Fatal Frame)

- The name is a weird pun!

- ME WANTY BUT CANNOT HAVE!!! AAAAHHHH!

I think Michigan report being a Suda 51 game is a misnomer. He was credited for planning and script editing only. It's more correct to just call it a Grasshopper game. He also tends to get credited for Contact even though he was only one of a few producers.

Illbleed is such a cool and bizarre fucking game. The surreal landscapes and monsters you come across get burned into your head.

Gregory Horror Show is one of only like six PS2 games that don't run on PCSX2. Daaaaang.

Any recommended Halloween reading/listening to go with playing and viewing? A few from me:

The Sleep of Reason, an indie horror comic anthology.

Something by Emily Carroll, who recently released a printed collection of horror comics called "Through the Woods."

Bongcheon-Dong Ghost, aka "that fucking terrifying Korean horror webcomic." If you've never read it before, it only takes like five minutes and it will almost certainly startle/freak you out. The gimmick:

There are two points on the page that, when reached, trigger a javascript action to play a sound and keep scrolling the page through multiple frames of jerky, unsettling animation. It's some really clever website design and it scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it (and the second time).

HP Podcraft, specifically the full Lovecraft story readings on the left sidebar. I recommend "The Haunter of the Dark" and "The Temple."

There is StoryBundle with horror and suspense stories, I'll probably read my first Clive Barker book. I Kickstarted Sleep of Reason, but I never got the eBook, I don't think I got a message from them either.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. ¬_¬U

So I got these the other day:

n8dO0C7.jpg

These are really, really nice editions of these movies. They're only like fifteen bucks each (I got them 2/$25 at HMV) and on top of being nicely cleaned up for an HD release, they also include some really fascinating special features. Frankenstein and Dracula both include entire alternate scores conducted by Philip Glass (since neither of those movies have musical scores to begin with); Dracula includes the Spanish version of the film that Universal made concurrently with the more popular English version, which features all the same sets and dialogue but an entirely different cast and camera techniques; The Invisible Man has a featurette about the production, effects, etc. Just really great additions all around. I'm really strongly considering going back to HMV next week and getting The Wolf Man and The Mummy. They also have The Creature From the Black Lagoon and The Phantom of the Opera (the 1943 version), but those two I could take or leave.

I've decided to make my fancy dress party an "American" style one. As in, dress in whatever you hell you like, but try and keep it slightly evil

I've bought my costume

889747.jpg

I just want an excuse to wear a large hat and lord over my guests. I already have the hunch back stoop going on...its perfect

All the Muttley teddy bears look really cheap and nasty so i don't think i'll bother

For a split second before the gears in my brain churned, I thought it was waluigi.. 

Essential Halloween viewing, if you like cheesy television comedy from the 70's and/or The Wicked Witch of the West.

There's a nice filling of cheesy between the layers of comedic genius in this; I was laughing my ass off this morning.

oisIoGD.png

Carving pumpkins is my favorite part of Halloween. I don't get too fancy with it, because to me, the interesting part in condensing an image to a silhouette that is both recognizable and structurally sound. I have not decided what I'm going to carve this year, does anyone here have an idea of something you'd want to see on a pumpkin?

does anyone here have an idea of something you'd want to see on a pumpkin?

do a bigdog and put a little buzzer inside the pumpkin to make the nightmarish buzzing

Going to put in a recommendation for watching Sleepy Hollow (the TV series) for Halloween.  We did a watch party for it at a friend's house last night and saw the first 3 episodes.  Our friend is a big fan of it, and was frustrated that no one he knew was watching it.  It's actually pretty good.  First two episodes were much better than the third, but I'll assume the third was the anomaly for now. 

2010pumcloses.jpg

Oh yeah one year I did a bunch of pumpkins because I guess boredom. Maybe I'll try to do some again this year because I don't have much going on in the job department.

I just hate when pieces you really needed to not break, break.