ITs MO'FUCKIN HALLOWWEEN

I fucking love Halloween, which is why I'm making this thread a month and a half early. I need to cram in as much terrible pumpkin-scented crap and as many Halloween specials and old monster movies as possible. What's on everyone's agenda/playlist?

I either have or would like to watch the following before Halloween season 2014 is over (open to suggestions):

Dracula

Frankenstein

The Mummy

The Wolfman

The Invisible Man

The Creature From the Black Lagoon

Bride of Frankenstein

☑ Young Frankenstein

☑ Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein

☑ The Monster Squad

☑ Night of the Creeps

☑ Ghostbusters

☑ Sweet Home

☐ Hausu

☐ Beetlejuice

☑ The Thing

☑ Alien

☐ The Whisperer in Darkness

☐ Creepshow

☑ Little Shop of Horrors

☐ Trick R Treat (this movie is great and I wish more people would watch it)

☑ Treehouse of Horror I-VIII, plus the new one if it's out by then

☑ at least one episode of The Real Ghostbusters

☑ a whole shitload of Scooby-Doo probably

☑ and also some Gravity Falls

☐ It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

☐ "Night on Bald Mountain" from Fantasia, at midnight on Halloween. It's tradition.

I fucking love Halloween, which is why I'm making this thread a month and a half early.

I think you mean two weeks early, because as far as I'm concerned, Halloween starts on Oct. 1st and runs all month.

YEEEAAAAAAH

also, I forgot Garfield's Halloween Adventure aka Garfield in Disguise. Garfield the comic may be completely creatively bankrupt, but that fucking pirate song.

I just pretend new Garfield stuff stopped being made sometime in the 90s (around the time of the cartoon), and remember everything else with great fondness.  And the Halloween special is the best. 

I watch Hocus Pocus every year because I am a serious adult. I think I'm gonna do the Craft and 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo this year too, but I don't know what else. I've been wanting to replay some Silent Hill, so maybe I'll just take October as an excuse to do that?

Oh, a suggestion for one of my personal favorite fun Halloween/scary movies is The Frighteners. 

In line with local custom I will be sitting in the dark pretending I'm not in when the door goes. Ah, Halloween.

Oh, a suggestion for one of my personal favorite fun Halloween/scary movies is The Frighteners. 

:tup:  :tup:  :tup:

House

Round these parts we specify 1977 or 1986.

I'm hosting a Halloween house party.

My friend has his birthday on Halloween, so we're always tied into doing whatever he arranges as a birthday party/night out which normally turns out to be bowling or some shit. So, we literally never get to dress up and "have spooky fun" on Halloween. I checked with him first and luckily caught him just 10 minutes before he made his facebook event for a night out in fucking Winchester :tdown: which he's now moved the the following weekend. :clap:

So i need a costume and house decorations, apparently pulling apart a tampon makes a good spider web

I welcome costume ideas! first two that leapt out at me... my girlfriend said i could do better :getmecoat

418NEDngW6L._SY300_.jpg41IPcaljFlL._SX342_.jpg

Olly Moss

Sexy Olly Moss

Marebito

The Thing

Alien

Zombi

House

Slugs

Hour of the Wolf

Kill List

Black Sunday

Videodrome

Oh shit, I forgot The Thing and Alien. Those are two of my favourite movies though, so I kinda watch them year-round. Also, do you mean House or House? Because I already put the latter up there as Hausu (to avoid confusion).

I checked with him first and luckily caught him just 10 minutes before he made his facebook event for a night out in fucking Winchester :tdown:

☐ Sean of the Dead

To answer both Mington and tegan I suggest Cabin in the Woods, not sure whether that works well for tegan's purposes but it'd be a fine costume.

I watched Cabin in the Woods a few weeks ago. It was pretty alright, even with its Whedon roots showing through every now and then.

Also, do you mean House or House? Because I already put the latter up there as Hausu (to avoid confusion).

Sean of the Dead

That's what I meant by: 

Round these parts we specify 1977 or 1986.

Also, I'm going to be extra annoying and point out that it's spelt "Shaun"  B)

Mington, you can't just hire a costume, that's lame. You have to make your own. My most recent one was Evil Scarecrow which required a burlap sack, some straw and some shit clothes. It was really freaky but very very hot. One girl came to that party as the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, that was amazing.

Mington, you can't just hire a costume, that's lame. You have to make your own. My most recent one was Evil Scarecrow which required a burlap sack, some straw and some shit clothes. It was really freaky but very very hot. One girl came to that party as the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, that was amazing.

I second this! One of the best parts of Halloween is deciding on an outfit idea and then working out how to make it. The last party I went to, I spent the entire night with my head wrapped in bandages, dressed as Hawley Griffin (The Invisible Man). It was really hot, I had to drink through a straw all night, and kept walking into things due to wearing dark goggles in a poorly-lit venue.

Kill List

I think for me the most enduring thing about that film was the sense of domestic menace towards the beginning. I found it very intense and unsettling in a way more fantastical things rarely are. I should watch it again.

Or if I want to completely depress myself, Eden Lake.

I don't tend to do anything at all for Halloween, but I did spend one Christmas Eve watching Martyrs and drinking ginger wine. Last Halloween i was invited to a party up in Birmingham, but I was unclear in the costume situation, and dressing up is not something I feel at all confident about (which renders me boring and a spoilsport), so I ended up with this stupid fucking thing that I absolutely detested in a room almost entirely comprised of strangers, so I drank too much punch too quickly and ended up throwing up bright red despair into my friend's toilet. Being 29 at the time, I felt I was a bit old for that. That said, it sounds worse than it actually was.