Lu 

The ALL NEW Monday Night Multi-Thumbs RANDOMIZER

That was a lot of fun! We did some Deathmatch and eventually got a 3 on 3 CTF match going. Team Red was rad and Team Blue were terrible human beings, but I had fun regardless.

A new game has been rolled and it iiiiiis:

ISeQBjO.png

"Community maintained fork of voxel based Minecraft-meets-Battlefield game Ace of Spades. Up to 32 players per server. Alternatively, the OpenSpades clone runs across Windows Mac and Linux."[/size]

It's a free download!

Well that was some excellent Soldating! I think I won it.

I didn't, but I think I got ok at launching grenades and lobbing grenades.

Soldat was neat. No idea if it was intentional, but the kinda awkward character acceleration plus jetpack mean you can kinda do Tribes-style skiing to get good speeds going off ramps. Some of the other physics-y stuff was cool too, like how the minigun pushes you backward, so if you're in midair shooting down you hover a little bit. Little touches like the 2d ragdolls, rolling/backflipping, and ricocheting bullets added some fun and unpredictability too. I kinda wish I'd given this a shot when it first came out, I imagine it would have been a lot of fun to play at LAN parties.

I remembered the movement system being pretty fun to play but I was sure it was nostalgia until I actually tried it again. Running and running while jumping has a difference in speed but it's easy enough to do that everyone did it. 

I just saw that jump+crouch throws a flag, that would have probably made even more close saves.

Throwing a grenade at the flag stand before grabbing the flag while nearly flying was really reminiscent of Tribes. Also felt great to snipe the enemy flag carrier just nearly reaching his stand with a grenade in the tunnel. We did a few CTF maps, I liked the ones with 3 paths to the flag more than the Crucifix level (flag in a room) and the one that only had a single tunnel (only 2 ways to come to the flag).

Rambo (RamBOW) match was fun but it's only really fun when you have the bow.

I was surprised when different levels had different amounts of jetpack charge.

Next time I'll record it all so I can make a compilation of every time dibs ate my grenade with his face. Yep.

Gents, it's starting and tonight we'll be playing Build & Shoot! Download it here. The game is free and tiny!

Feel free to hop on at any time!

Alright, tomorrow we're going to revisit Bionic Commando. Just as a heads up, you will need Hamachi as we'll be playing on a simulated LAN, since the master server is no longer around. As always, we meet on our Mumble channel!

In hamachi you need to go to 'Network > Join existing network' and connect to the following:

(Case and space sensitive:)

Idle Ham 1

Idle Ham 2

Idle Ham 3

Password for all 3 of these: games

If you cannot join 1, then it's full, so join 2 and so on. Let me know if you have any problems.

Fun game! Those were a few really intense matches!

This game was fun. I didn't enjoy the canyon maps though, i just couldn't navigate them.

I did like very so often just climbing a building and finding a hilarious battle raging, and then everyone just dived off the edge.

It is! You know, I have completely forgotten to put it in the Steam group event schedule ever since MNC!  I'll try to add it to the Steam event schedule from now on. Last week was the last one of the year though. It will resume in Januari.

RE: Idle Thumbs calendar -

i need to ask someone who uses the calendar function of this spreadsheet how to make it auto-open to the current date

otherwise i'll just delete the lines each month - it might open to the oldest entry, as long as i keep it current should work